Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Provera/Clomid advice...

(1 Post)
Saz444 Tue 14-Feb-17 09:37:19

Hi everyone, I am looking for some advice. I am currently on my first cycle of clomid at 50mg. I took provera to start a period as I have really long irregular cycles. I went for follicle scan on cd10 and doctor said it didn't work. Went back today (cd14) and doctor confirmed there was no change and this cycle has been unsuccessful. I am to try 100mg next cycle and see if the higher dose will work... As I have such long irregular cycles, I asked should I take provera to start another period but doc said to wait until cd35 and if nothing has happened then take provera again to start period.
I'm wondering if there is any point waiting until cd35? Would it do me any harm to start taking provera sooner than this to induce period? It just seems like a really long time to wait and if it hasn't worked anyway, then why wait? I know nobody here is a doctor but the doctor that scanned me today doesn't really know my story so I am sceptical of his advice... Any similar stories would be appreciated or advice on this? Thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: