Talk

Advanced search

The old thread died but our spirit never will, come join Prty's lovelies as we ditch our knickers & the pill!!

(75 Posts)
PrtyPsn Mon 13-Feb-17 18:29:20

Hi all!
So the old thread died and I can't remember the old spiel or anything.
Basically I started a thread almost 2 years ago as I was TTC and symptom crazy!
I found lots of likeminded lovelies and we joined together to help each other smile
We did have some rules - mainly things about being nice, no apologies and nothing is too gross to discuss, we are all adults and here to help smile

confusedat23 Mon 13-Feb-17 18:33:33

Hey Party can I join?

I have stalkerishly read all your old threads and i loved them! It was like reading a book!

Anyways tomorrow I am testing for my first proper cycle (had a chemical last month) and its going to be 3/4dbafd but i need to feed my POAS addiction!

PrtyPsn Mon 13-Feb-17 18:37:47

Oops - found it!

02/04/2016 18:35 PrtyPsn

Hi (big wave)
So you clicked on here because you were looking for me (I'm flattered!) or the title seemed interesting!
I'm aware it doesn't really explain anything but we are bunch of lovely ladies all TTC and going ever so slightly crazy with it! For more info see our original thread here -

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2412386-TTC-anxious-over-early-pregnancy-possible-symptoms?msgid=56357000#56357000

And our most recent thread here -

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2531973-Christmas-is-here-but-its-not-the-turkey-thats-getting-basted-with-symptoms-to-spot-and-festive-cheer-Prty-and-the-gang-are-getting-BFPS-this-year?pg=39&order=

We are symptoms spotters extraordinaire - you name it we've had it, real and/or imagined confused
We are here to help, we are all supportive, we laugh, rant, cry, joke, rage, smile, and comfort together. Be you a lurker or poster (established or new) then you are very welcome here. We only have a few rules:
1. No judgement - we all lead different lives and have different standards and that is fine. You wanna get wasted everyday of TWW, that's fine. You wanna abstain completely, that's fine. We need support, not judgement.
2. No feeling stupid - we've all had those months where we definitely think we are pg 110% convinced and then AF turns up, don't feel bad about it, it happens. Also we all have different levels of knowledge so no question is stupid apart from the one you don't ask.
3. On this thread there is no such thing as TMI - we are all adults and we all know how miraculous and amazing... and downright disgusting our bodies can be, it's fine. Share what you want, we will not be fazed.
4. This thread is intended for support - both giving and receiving. If someone helps you then please be kind and return that to another TTCer.

So that's it, jump in, feel free to stat and FX'd for all of my lovelies xx

PrtyPsn Mon 13-Feb-17 18:38:58

Hi Confused!!
You are more than welcome smile I love a good lurker!
Sorry to hear of your chemical but I'm sending baby vibes for this cycle!

ethelfleda Mon 13-Feb-17 18:51:49

Can i join please?
This is 4th month TTC... 2nd month of trying I had a chemical. Not great!
I'm currently on CD4 and trying all sorts this month! Grapefruit juice, pomegranate juice, evening primrose oil and raspberry leaf tea. This month is the month damn it!!
Support on a forum is a great idea as nobody I know knows that we are evening trying and we won't tell anyone I am until 12 weeks.

ethelfleda Mon 13-Feb-17 18:52:36

Confused - sending good vibes to you also!!

PrtyPsn Mon 13-Feb-17 18:53:42

Hi ethel
You're very welcome here smile
Sorry about your chemical but take the positive that you can get pg, it will happen.
Nobody knew the whole 18 months we were trying so support online was my absolute rock through TTC

neetie1 Mon 13-Feb-17 18:55:42

Hey...am back...not been on for aggggessss
Things here are weird to say the least..sooo..
A couple of months back was sure we had done it, all the good symptoms and a few new ones too. However day 30 AF turned up...oddly though instead of cramps going after a few days they stayed, joined by back ache, weeing lots and bloating on a massive scale. I figured when period was done they would go but nope..then boobs got very sensitive. Another period came and went but symptoms persisted so tested a few times and nada... the last period I had came a whole week early..not impressed and very worried as they never come that early. So off to docs and had blood test..that came back not showing cancer but also not showing hormonal issues either. Booked in for scan on March 3rd so will know more then...I do feel different ....and the fact that two months now and still the constant symptoms...
Very odd

ethelfleda Mon 13-Feb-17 19:06:39

Thanks prty smile
Neetie that is very odd!! Poor you going through all of that and still getting negatives! Hope all is OK for you x

PrtyPsn Mon 13-Feb-17 19:35:19

Nice to see you, neetie grin

CatAstronaut Mon 13-Feb-17 19:39:27

Hi, please can I join? AF has just arrived after having DC2 so I am very causally ttc again but accepting it might take a while.

PrtyPsn Mon 13-Feb-17 19:53:44

Hi Cat
Welcome smile it might not take as long as you think but it's good to be open minded and allowing time

confusedat23 Mon 13-Feb-17 20:12:15

How are you doing Prty?

I am currently 110% convinced im upduffed... although i am also 110% convinced i'm not... its so confusing this TTC stuff! Lol

Thanks for the vibes Ethel

Nice to see you again Neetie! Were the doctors concerned it may be illness related? Also could you not get a scan sooner? Thats such a lomg wait for you!

Hi Cat waves

PrtyPsn Mon 13-Feb-17 21:18:03

confused I'm not too bad thanks smile
I remember that feeling all too well of being completely convinced in both ways! Those killer last 4-5 before expected AF :/
For those unaware, I had an 18 month period of TTC with one chemical and one shockingly low progesterone score on my day 21 bloods (even the doctor winced)
I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant with DC1

ethelfleda Mon 13-Feb-17 21:22:41

Prty congratulations! Do you know what you're having? What worked for you this time around?

PrtyPsn Mon 13-Feb-17 21:31:13

Thanks ethel he's a boy smile
What worked, hahahaha, was ditching everything!
We DTD once, yep - once, in entire my fertile windowavd the days surrounding it. After 18 months of abstaining from booze I went on holiday and had a couple of beers (frustratingly in the TWW but I figured it was unlikely to matter considering my hormones were wrecked and we had literally one shot that month!)
Everyone says it happens when you least expect it or stop trying or blah blah blah and I hate those people and want to punch them. I refuse to accept that was factor in my conceiving hmm

HopingForALittleOne Mon 13-Feb-17 23:04:31

Hello may I join? Support sounds fantastic. I'm 34
TTC #1
CD1 of cycle 2.
1st cycle has just ended in a chemical pregnancy
Emotions feel a little raw as for five days I took several tests which showed positive and so I started to believe it was real, figured our EDD and ordered and read 3 pregnancy books on sat only to start cramping and bleeding on Sunday .
Hoping next time my little bean sticks x

PrtyPsn Tue 14-Feb-17 07:30:26

Hi littleone
Chemicals are so tough, I know. But don't be discouraged, it shows your body does work and you can get pg- people have chemicals and never even know it (it's just us POAS Brigade that find out)
FX'd for this cycle for you, lovely

ethelfleda Tue 14-Feb-17 09:50:40

Hi little one! Wishing you luck this cycle!

I'm having a weird one. Last day of AF... barely anything there and have really strong cramping! On the last day? Wtf?

PrtyPsn Tue 14-Feb-17 18:10:32

Hmmm ethel sounds like AF having one last push to make herself known! Hopefully it'll be a parting gift for her packing her bags for 9 months soon enough!!

ethelfleda Wed 15-Feb-17 00:14:51

Yeah I hope so. Vile cow needs to sod off and leave us all alone for 9 months!

confusedat23 Wed 15-Feb-17 14:52:15

Oh Prty How lovely to hear you have a little boy!! Have you decided on a name yet?

Tested yesterday morning and BFN, but on a normal cycle AF was due today (I ov'd late) meaning she should be here Friday. I normally have 3 days of pink/brown spotting before AF and currently CM is watery with some creamy/yellowish EWCM mixed in confused

PrtyPsn Wed 15-Feb-17 17:41:52

confused yep, had one from the start though we couldn't agree on a girl name...
Sorry to hear the BFN but all is not yet lost, lovely

LorenLouise Thu 16-Feb-17 14:26:07

Not sure if nausea and vomiting for past couple of weeks is due to coming off the pill or early pregnancy ?! Is it too early for morning sickness after a couple of weeks

PrtyPsn Thu 16-Feb-17 18:04:48

Hi loren where are you in your cycle? Sickness can be an early symptom for some women, can also be an AF warning sign too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now