Talk

Advanced search

What new things are you doing this month?

(20 Posts)
ethelfleda Mon 13-Feb-17 10:19:55

Hi everyone
Just thought I'd start a thread to see what new thing or things people are doing this month in their quest for conception? And maybe feedback on what people have tried and have found works or doesn't work?
This month is our 4th time TTC and I'm currently on CD5. This month I am:

Charting BBT for the first time
Will use OPKs this month
One glass of grapefruit juice a day to help with ewcm
One glass of pomegranate juice a day
Raspberry leaf tea daily until o
Evening primrose oil daily until o

Interested to hear what other people are doing or if anyone has tried the above with any success?

ethelfleda Mon 13-Feb-17 11:06:50

Would also love to know if anyone has gotten their man to do anything differently and if it has worked??

NotADaffodil Mon 13-Feb-17 20:06:20

Hi Ethel

TTC #1 so no idea of what works yet! smile Last month was my first month of temping, using apps and OPKing so I'll be carrying on with that, this month I'm also:

Trying to lay off the coffee (CD4 and already struggling!)
Taking evening primrose
Drinking grapefruit juice
And most importantly trying to relax a bit and not POAS a million times during the TWW!

ethelfleda Mon 13-Feb-17 20:40:34

Hi Daffodil smile
I'm trying not to over think it either. Hard not to though! I'm having a determined month this month!
I've gone as far as cutting down on coffee- 2 a day but it's a big vice for me so it's a tough habit to kick! But not as tough as red wine which I've given up blush

Waitingonasmile Mon 13-Feb-17 21:01:34

We are trying to dtd almost everyday this month and I'm also taking Angus Cactus and Evening Primrose capsules. I have been ovulating on cycle day 28 so still 6 days to go.

Good luck everyone

ethelfleda Mon 13-Feb-17 21:25:41

Good luck to you too smile

NotADaffodil Wed 15-Feb-17 14:31:05

Hi waiting, good luck to you too

ethel I've cracked, the lattes were calling me blush

physicskate Wed 15-Feb-17 15:33:29

Oh great thread! I'm on the raspberry leaf tea, starting soy isoflavens for a few days cd 7-10 (but I've read they should be taken earlier than that...). Back on the vit b and E.

And the usual vit c, d, folic acid and iron...

ethelfleda Wed 15-Feb-17 18:49:48

Daffodil- I had to feed my Costa habit too today blush still doing well on the no wine front though!! Although not sure how long I can keep that up either! Lol

Kate - hope it works for you this month lovely! If any of us report BFPs back this month we can compare notes on what may have worked!

ethelfleda Wed 15-Feb-17 18:50:35

That reminds me, I haven't taken my EPO yet. Can I wash it down with a glass of red 🤔

physicskate Wed 15-Feb-17 21:35:59

Wash it down with red! Or vodka... this whole process has turned me a bit loopy!

NotADaffodil Fri 17-Feb-17 10:08:02

Kate the process turns everyone loopy I think, I actually get excited about POAS blush

I'm also doing soy this month, I did days 2-6 though. I tend to ovulate late, (CD20), I'm CD8 today and got a flashing smiley on my clear blue ov test so hoping they bring ovulation forward a bit for me

ethelfleda Sat 18-Feb-17 08:56:29

I'm definitely going a bit loopy. But then I wasn't sane before... haha.
Daffodil is that because it mimics estrogen??
I wasn't sure whether to try that or not as I think I'm low in estrogen and high in progesterone... well according to Dr Google anyway!

NotADaffodil Sat 18-Feb-17 09:29:54

Apparently it tricks your body into making more estrogen. Have a read of this thread, it's really helpful:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2361829-Please-help-with-soy-ISO-question-Would-really-appreciate-help

ethelfleda Sat 18-Feb-17 09:52:06

Oooh that's interesting. You'll have to let me know the final verdict although it seems to be working?

NotADaffodil Sat 18-Feb-17 10:35:26

I'll definitely keep you posted, the next few days will tell!

Did you manage to stay off the red last night? Fridays are always a killer!

ethelfleda Sat 18-Feb-17 12:35:22

I actually did! Consoled myself with chocolate though blush
10 days without even a sip of wine. Didn't know I had it inot me! Lol

jcf1986 Sun 19-Feb-17 12:43:17

Hi OP, I got my BFP on Friday following 7 months of trying. I was a massive tea drinker but after Xmas I completely cut it out of my diet, substituting it for hot water. I try and have 2.5 litres of cold/hot water a day. Started doing more intensive exercise 5 times a week. I did dry January so I assume that helped and both myself and introduced more superfoods into my diet. My husband cut down on alcohol, went from pints to bottles on a night out, cut down on caffeine and again with the superfoods. Funnily enough he joined a gym last week and started taking fertilaid as we found out he had low sperm motility but those two factors were unneeded it seems! 😀 Good luck in your TTC! X

ethelfleda Sun 19-Feb-17 13:17:01

Thanks for the info jcf and congratulations!! It's funny what works isn't it! X

jcf1986 Sun 19-Feb-17 15:23:38

You're welcome. And definitely. And who knows whether any of it helped but even if it didn't, the extra exercise, water and lack of alcohol has made me feel a lot healthier! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now