Talk

Advanced search

Positive test (possibly) but now disappeared? (Pic)

(10 Posts)
user1486945995 Mon 13-Feb-17 00:39:01

Hi everyone! Just need some advice / eyes. Took a test today (period due tomorrow) as I've felt completely different this cycle and I wanted to know! Did the test and I was so sure I saw a line after waiting the full 3 mins so snapped a pic. However when I went to look at the test again the line seems to have vanished but in the pic it was pink? Sorry it's been heavily edited (can barely see it in the original pic) but I just wanted to make sure it was really there!

Is this a negative test? I can't test until after work tomorrow as I don't have any more sad did this happen to anyone else and did you get your BFP? Thank you!

TheJamSandwich Mon 13-Feb-17 00:59:15

Here is the original photo (I can barely see anythingsad) - sorry to post so late, I can't sleep!

Eevee77 Mon 13-Feb-17 01:02:32

Looks positive to me. Disregard anything after 5 mins. Even the faintest line is a positive (within the time limits) and false positives are uncommon. My early tests where even paler than those.

ShootFruit Mon 13-Feb-17 01:03:36

I can see it smile

TheJamSandwich Mon 13-Feb-17 01:27:48

Thank you both! I can hardly dare believe it, I'm still stumped as to why it would turn completely white (it literally looks like a stark white BFN now) - can you see the line on the bottom pic too? I'll test again tomorrow and report back, thanks again!

Somethingtotalkabout1982 Mon 13-Feb-17 06:07:19

Yes can see faint line, good luck and let us know!

TheJamSandwich Mon 13-Feb-17 08:07:53

Morning everyone! Feeling really down, I had another test that was in the bathroom cupboard so I've just done it expecting to see a slight line again, but it's come back as totally negative - not even a hint or squint of a line!! Feeling really gutted. Is it possible the HCG hasn't doubled yet (as I only did the first test yesterday afternoon) I know I'm probably clutching at straws now though, I'm due AF today sad

wundringnow Mon 13-Feb-17 08:14:11

Wait and see sad disheartening isn't it. It might have been a chemical pregnancy that didn't take. Fingers crossed that AF stays away.

lottieandmia Mon 13-Feb-17 08:17:26

It might be too early. I never got positive tests until some time after my period was due.

TheJamSandwich Mon 13-Feb-17 08:58:04

I really hope I've just tested too early sad been trying for a year and had 2 MCs. Yesterday's test was the first hint of pink I've seen! Just hoping I didn't wait long enough for the hormone to double. The tests were those really cheap internet ones so I'll buy a better brand today and test tomorrow (if the witch hasn't arrived!!) can anyone recommend a good test? In my heart of hearts I really think I'm out this month.

Thanks for your replies everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now