Talk

Advanced search

Should I see the doctor?

(5 Posts)
Julia2016 Sun 12-Feb-17 20:03:26

We are ttc. I'm 19dpo today and 9 days late on AF. Ovulated around day 19 of a 29 day cycle. Got a bfn this morning on a cheap test.

I've had lots of symptoms. Very sore boobs, twinges and I've back pain today, no discharge.

Should I see the doctor? I'm worried something is wrong. I've never been this late with AF. I'm unlikely to be pregnant, any test would pick up hcg at this stage.

Thank you for reading.

omnishamblesssssssssssssss Sun 12-Feb-17 20:06:39

Sometimes there is no positive test. Have you been getting shoulder pain?

Julia2016 Sun 12-Feb-17 20:08:28

No shoulder pain. I thought maybe ectopic but that would have come up on the hcg..

Roseandbee Sun 12-Feb-17 22:12:28

Are you usually regular? Have you only used the one cheap test? I'd say if your usually regular go to the doctor as they can either confirm pregnancy for you via a blood test or discuss your concerns. A small number of women don't get bfps for ages. Also don't know if you've already been to the doc about the fact your ttc, but they like to do a bit of a check up to make sure your up to date with your vaccinations etc. And tell you about folic acid etc

Julia2016 Mon 13-Feb-17 10:07:33

Hi Roseandbee, I'm usually regular. I'm day 39 today. We've had a good bit of healthcare around ttc. I'd write it off as a delayed period only I've a lot of symptoms, my boobs are killing me and I'm quite hormonal, plus I've had so many twinges and lower back pain.

I need to pick up a First Response test before I book the GP, I only used a Poundshop test the once.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now