Talk

Advanced search

Thread 6 ttc post pill: join us for wacky cycles, far to much poas action and support from some lovely ladies

(60 Posts)
Seven0fNine Sun 12-Feb-17 09:03:44

Was wondering how all our lovely preggos are getting on as I think some are still lurking.

And hoping our lovely thread Mummy BoBo is doing OK.

Link to thread 5
https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2739543-Thread-5-ttc-post-pill-join-us-for-wacky-cycles-far-to-much-poas-action-and-support-from-some-lovely-ladies

Welcome to anyone who is having a difficult time coming off that dreadful pill!!

Who's still here?!

purplek1tty Sun 12-Feb-17 10:23:00

Still here! CD18 on fourth loooong cycle since coming off the pill in April 2016.

(Im)patiently waiting for ovulation.

MishyBakes Sun 12-Feb-17 10:46:18

Still lurking. CD19 of cycle 10. If I had known how long this would take, I might not have been on the pill and implant for 11 years!

MoonlightMojitos Sun 12-Feb-17 19:31:16

Resident preggo still lurking here at 24+5 smile

Hope you're all doing ok and also wondering if bobo is alright?

Lovechild2016 Sun 12-Feb-17 19:40:35

Hello, I got my BFP last week. Think this was the first month I ovulated post pill! Currently 4+3 and feeling pretty anxious as the over riding emotion. Obviously very happy too. Hoping everyone else doing ok! Xxx

Seven0fNine Sun 12-Feb-17 21:56:39

Yay congratulations love How long have you been off the pill?

Can't believe you are 24 weeks moonlight How is pregnancy treating you? Haven't heard off BoBo in ages sad not the same without her

I know the feeling mishy I don't think I'd of gone on it in the first place!

How long are your cycles purple? Sounds horrendous. Have you been opking?
I did for first time last month and cycles are coming down slowly but still don't feel very fertile.

KittyKat73 Mon 13-Feb-17 12:34:03

Im still here too!

TTC 1
Cycle 6
CD 74

Came off the pill in June not had a period since 1st december. made a GP appointment for this Thursday so fingers crossed they have some answers for me with whats going on.

Redpony1 Mon 13-Feb-17 12:44:00

I'm here still, i was only browsing the last thread mostly.

TTC: 1
Cycle: 1 (first proper cycle post Cerelle)
CD: 5

PNGirl Mon 13-Feb-17 14:57:05

Hi all, joining in.

TTC: 1
Cycle: 1st month off Rigevidon
CD: Er... 34?

I took my last pill on the 4th Jan and had my withdrawal bleed on the 10th Jan. I haven't had a period but have had sore boobs for the last week and last night I started with a very light brown discharge. No period cramps. I have no idea when or if I ovulated but tested negative yesterday!

TheGrumpySquirrel Mon 13-Feb-17 15:02:05

Hi guys following with interest and to give some hope to others waiting, I got AF 35 days after coming off cerazette - however not sure if I am ovulating yet (CD14 today) and tracking with OPKs.. fingers crossed

Emma2803 Mon 13-Feb-17 16:03:32

Hi! I took my last cerazette yesterday! Hoping everything will settle back to normal so can start ttc#2 from April. Been on pill about 21 months (14 yasmin /7 cerazette) since birth of ds. Took 12 weeks to get pg with ds after stopping yasmin after 8 years.

PenguinDi Mon 13-Feb-17 18:19:49

AF has arrived 😁 I have been waiting for it after 41 days! I came off rigevidon end of Dec this is the start of my TTC journey. Bring it on!!!

Age 32
TTC #1

Supper16 Tue 14-Feb-17 17:36:29

Hello all

I am still here.

RedPony Glad to hear you got AF - I've been stalking you keeping an eye on your story because I'm only about 2 weeks behind you, coming off pill wise. Fingers crossed you pop out a good egg!

KittyKat That's a long time to go without an AF sad I hope docs listen and start investigating for you.

Supper
TTC #1
Cycle - first off Marvelon
CD50 sad

I have no bodily changes except a return of the annoying spots that the pill has been keeping at bay for so many years sad Being quite good at staying positive and not thinking about TTC too much, but can't help but start to worry I might have pcos......confused Will just keep telling myself it's totally normal for AF to take this long after the pill. Aaaaaaaaand breathe......

MoonlightMojitos Wed 15-Feb-17 22:35:00

I know seven it's equally going very fast and also feels like I've been pregnant forever! So over it lol. I've had a pretty easy ride I think thankfully and am now in that stage where it's suppose to be good before it gets crap again...! Bad heartburn and feel massive already but generally ok smile. I hope she's ok.

kitty woah that's annoyingsad hope you get some answers tomorrow.

supper it's totally normal. I was lucky myself but alot of ladies on here wait a long time for first af. It really can mess with you. And I feel for you on the spots, my skin had just started to clear up for the first time ever after going on to dianette and then we came off to ttc and they came back.

Seven0fNine Thu 16-Feb-17 07:21:48

Hey kitty, that's a bit odd. Good luck at the doctors today, let us know how it goes!

PN has af shown up yet?

And yay Penguin, that must be a relief

Supper I was 92 days so don't worry, it will happen!

Do you know what you're having moonlight? X

grin Waves @ red and Grumpy

KittyKat73 Thu 16-Feb-17 10:38:53

Hey guys!

Not long back from my GP and pleased to say it was a really positive experience! Iv recently moved so dont really know my new gps but the one i got was soo lovely, reassuring and understanding.

Basically reassured me that 11 years on the pill is a very long time so there is a chance my body could still be adjusting even though i came off the pill in June. Then she went through all the possible tests we can do to double check everything is fine and in working order and the time frame we would do them in. Reassured me that even though i haven't had a period since December i can still get pregnant as i can still be ovulating which is good to hear as i did think anything would happen until AF arrives.

So plan from today is tomorrow I am to go back to the nurse clinic to basically get an MOT and various blood tests done then make another appointment with the same GP to discuss the results and what to do next smile so over the moon at how it went i was sitting in the waiting room feeling sick thinking whoever it would be would just turn around and say come back when its been a year.

If there was a tripadvisor for GPs she would get all the stars! smile

Redpony1 Thu 16-Feb-17 11:29:31

Great news Kitty! Fingers crossed everything straightens out for you soon and the tests are all ok.

CD8 here, getting twitchy ready to use my OPK's!

PNGirl Thu 16-Feb-17 13:12:44

Nope - 2 days of brown goop, 1 drop of "red" blood and now nothing. I really don't known if I should count it as a period or do another test at the weekend. I will say I still have painful nipples and my boobs are swollen.

Supper16 Thu 16-Feb-17 18:10:28

Kitty that is really good news and so glad your visit was a positive experience.

That's so interesting that your doc says you can ovulate but not have a period. I've been trying to research a bit about that myself but not come to anything conclusive online. Still not sure how that can be but oh well!

Today my B Complex vitamins have come in the post. I am already taking folic acid and have read about agnus castus, but am wary of taking all of the things at once, at this early stage. I figure B Complex is a good all-rounder for my general health. The fact that it is also good for hormonal imbalance (which is what lack of periods is) is an advantage smile

Tentativesteps133 Fri 17-Feb-17 07:49:03

Hi all, biting the bullet and joining in!

I stopped taking Femodene mid-October and immediately downloaded a fertility app and started BBT tracking etc as we didn't want to start trying 'properly' for a little while. Fast forward to now and feeling a bit silly I assumed I would be able to get pregnant immediately as I haven't had a period since my withdrawal bleed 😞. It's been 100+ days now.

Had a blood test and results yesterday showed FSH 8 LH 18 (numbers are right and I think it was that way round..) so I've been referred for an ultrasound to confirm PCOS. So annoying as periods were regular as clockwork before I went on pill 10 years ago.

Anyway, as my lovely GP said it could be months before the scan date I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to 'get things going' in the meantime. I'm not overweight (BMI 20) and exercise 3-4 times per week. Has anyone had success inducing ovulation/period with supplements? I'm taking folic acid but feel like a bit of a fraud.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself this morning, boo hoo.

purplek1tty Fri 17-Feb-17 20:26:37

Hi Tentative - Welcome! It took 160+ days for my first period to turn up. I took agnus cactus and actually cut down on exercise, and even put on a few pounds. If you're exercising vigorously 2-3 times a week your body may be telling your brain not ovulate. I was running 3-4 times a week, I cut down and got my period a month later. Could be a coincidence but food for thought! smile

Currently on Day 23 of cycle 4, think I'm gearing up to O with some ewcm, but no positive opk yet. DTD just in case blush

MoonlightMojitos Sat 18-Feb-17 00:55:43

seven were having a boy smile

kitty nice to hear you had a good experience with the doctor, it's good to know there are some nice ones still out there when you hear so many bad stories about people getting shrugged off and great you're feeling reassured and getting somewhere!

supper I started taking b complex a few months before I came off the pill as prep. My cycles were straight back to regular as soon as I came off and I conceived quickly too. Obviously I have no way of knowing if that would have happened without taking it anyway but fx they do good for you!

Seven0fNine Sat 18-Feb-17 07:37:05

Awww that's so lovely moonlight!! Boys are so much Fun!

Yay kitty, so glad it went well at the gp. We have recently got a new one too who is fab. Makes a massive difference!!

PN I think my first af off the pill was brown and quite light. Maybe count it but if your still getting symptoms keep testing just in case.

Has any one had spotting after af has finished? Had af for almost a week then it stopped for two days then just woke up to a tiny bit more. This happened last cycle too. Quite a few days of spotting in between af and ovulation. Should I be worried?

Dolwar Sat 18-Feb-17 08:05:53

Me I'm a newbie.
Age 32
Ttc #1
Came off cileste after 12 years in December. Had withdrawal bleed and then absolutely nothing since. Negative opks. No period but had the spots around the time last month. Getting a bit down about it even though it's early days.

kitty there is a trip advisor for gps. You can rate your gp practice online just Google it.

MrsGB2225 Sat 18-Feb-17 08:07:25

Hi Everyone, can I join please?

TTC: #2
Cycle: 1
CD: 4

I came off the pill at the start of January and finally got AF on Valentine's Day so hoping my cycles won't take too long to normalise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now