Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pee on stick confusion

(15 Posts)
earlgreysandpuppies Fri 10-Feb-17 09:35:50

Hello! Hoping to get the advice of some seasoned squinters. I'm on the copper coil (only been on it a couple of months) but I'm a few days late when I've been pretty regular recently and so I POAS and here are the results. It looks rather odd and stained so I really have no idea what to make of it! Thanks lovelies! X

wundringnow Fri 10-Feb-17 09:46:16

Hmm. Looks positive to me but I'd do another test to be sure.

Ineverpromisedyouarosegarden Fri 10-Feb-17 09:48:34

Copper coil prevents implementation so possible to have a positive but it probably won't implant.

Ineverpromisedyouarosegarden Fri 10-Feb-17 09:49:03

Sorry implantation

Redpony1 Fri 10-Feb-17 09:51:17

Looks flooded to me?

GreedyDuck Fri 10-Feb-17 09:51:53

Well that's bollocks I'm afraid Inever. I have a 37 year old nephew who was born pretty much clutching the copper coil my sister had at the time. I also know at least two other women who have babies due to coil failure.

GreedyDuck Fri 10-Feb-17 09:52:49

Sorry, I missed that you'd said 'probably won't'!

physicskate Fri 10-Feb-17 09:56:36

Looks flooded. Did you actually pee onto the stick?? Pee into something else and then dip the test in. There is a slightly increased rock of ectopic with the copper cool, so if you do end getting a positive, it's very important to get to the gp straight away.

earlgreysandpuppies Fri 10-Feb-17 10:07:22

I did it in a container and stuck the stick in only up to the max mark. So it could just be a dodgy test? Serves me right for getting a cheapie I suppose blush thanks everyone

Ineverpromisedyouarosegarden Fri 10-Feb-17 15:18:16

Greedyduck I think you misunderstood what I meant.

Cooper coils are designed to prevent implantation. They are not designed to prevent fertilisation although they do reduce the chances of it happening.

Like all contraception it has a failure rate so your nephew will fall into that category.

earlgreysandpuppies Fri 10-Feb-17 15:34:06

I know I don't have a definite answer either way yet but if it's positive and the coil is taken out would that increase risk of miscarriage?

Ineverpromisedyouarosegarden Fri 10-Feb-17 16:40:24

They would need to scan you first to answer that. If it's moved out of position possibly not.

Ineverpromisedyouarosegarden Tue 14-Feb-17 15:07:34

Any update op?

PlayOnWurtz Tue 14-Feb-17 16:03:08

You can be pregnant with a copper coil. I have a sibling who was born while the coil was in place and mum had to have it removed at a later date

PlayOnWurtz Tue 14-Feb-17 16:03:47

My mum had a very high risk pregnancy with a lot of bleeding but baby was safe and well and she was closely monitored throughout.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now