Talk

Advanced search

Advice - My BFP!

(6 Posts)
emvy Fri 10-Feb-17 06:32:15

So, this morning I got my BFP shockgrin slightly surprised as I actually haven't had a period since November and have seen the doctor after some BFN's and discussed the missing AF. What do I do now? I'm going to buy a couple of different brands of tests to be totally sure but the result was immediate and clear so I'm hoping that's pretty accurate, however, I've no clue how far along I am. Should I call the doctor? I'm away next week so there'd be no chance of going in then. This is first pregnancy so I don't know the protocol!

Feeling shaky, excited and just had to tell someone other than DP! blushgrin

littlehelp Fri 10-Feb-17 06:51:39

Congratulations

You need to call your doctors who will book a midwife appointment for you.
At the appointment they will take bloods etc and book your 12 week scan

The start of your journey enjoy!!! grin

eurochick Fri 10-Feb-17 06:54:25

What you do depends on the area. I had to have a pointless gp appointment before being referred to a midwife. Call your surgery and ask how it works in your area.

GreedyDuck Fri 10-Feb-17 09:55:19

You don't have to see a gp where I live either (Nth London), I just self referred online to the midwives at my preferred hospital and started taking some folic acid.

Glitterbubble Fri 10-Feb-17 10:05:58

Congratulations!!flowers

My area is same as you greedyduck, book online with midwives on local hospital website

emvy Fri 10-Feb-17 10:47:44

Thanks everybody, that's a great help. Next mission - getting through to the surgery! I can't do the online booking thing so I'll go through my GP.

Thank you again grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now