Talk

Advanced search

Things you always wanted to ask people about TTC

(15 Posts)
upforathird Thu 09-Feb-17 12:45:27

I'm posting this in conception but really it's aimed at pregnant people/people with children already. But the answers are what i want to know as someone TTC. Feel free to add your own questions!

If anyone is willing to tell me, I would love to know

1) how long did you TTC before BFP?
2) did you track your cycles and ovulation?
3) do you have long or short cycles? Regular or irregular?
4) how often did you have sex the month you conceived?
5) did you stick your legs up on the air after DTD?
6) what supplements did you take (if any)?
7) did you conceive DS or DD?
8) how many dpo were you when you got your BFP?

Umm... That's it for now...

Oysterbabe Thu 09-Feb-17 12:51:25

1) how long did you TTC before BFP? 5 cycles
2) did you track your cycles and ovulation? Yes, except for the month that I was successful!
3) do you have long or short cycles? Regular or irregular? 28 days like clockwork
4) how often did you have sex the month you conceived? Very, very often. Twice a day for 2 weeks (I was on honeymoon)
5) did you stick your legs up on the air after DTD? Nope but stayed lying flat
6) what supplements did you take (if any)? Just Folic acid
7) did you conceive DS or DD? DD
8) how many dpo were you when you got your BFP? 15 but I didn't test earlier than that.

I was 34 when I conceived.

MrsK8541 Thu 09-Feb-17 12:56:58

I'm pregnant with number 1. Here goes:

1) how long did you TTC before BFP? 1 cycle
2) did you track your cycles and ovulation? Yes. Had done for a year but not due to ttc.
3) do you have long or short cycles? Regular or irregular? Regular, 29 day cycles
4) how often did you have sex the month you conceived? We dtd every day during fertile window.
5) did you stick your legs up on the air after DTD? Yes!
6) what supplements did you take (if any)? Floradix + folic acid supplement.
7) did you conceive DS or DD? Don't know yet!
8) how many dpo were you when you got your BFP? 12dpo (I think)

Snifftest Thu 09-Feb-17 12:58:27

1) 1, but I'd been off the pill and tracking cycles for 3.

2) yes, just on a calendar using cervical mucus.

3)28 days like clockwork

4) Once

5)put a pillow under my hips

upforathird Thu 09-Feb-17 12:58:47

Ooh thanks for the replies and thanks Oysterbabe I should have asked age too!

Snifftest Thu 09-Feb-17 12:59:39

Posted too soon.

6) folic acid and the vitamins for hair and skin

7) DS

8) 14, day AF was due.

upforathird Thu 09-Feb-17 13:05:25

My answers for previous TTCing

1) how long did you TTC before BFP? 6 months and 2 months
2) did you track your cycles and ovulation? Yes CBFM but not month I conceived both times!
3) do you have long or short cycles? Regular or irregular? Regular but long cycles of about 32-35 days
4) how often did you have sex the month you conceived? Quite a bit first time as was on hol and no children to look after. Probably once the second time as was knackered!
5) did you stick your legs up on the air after DTD? I did sometimes and can't remember if I did the actual time i conceived or not
6) what supplements did you take (if any)? Pregnacare
7) did you conceive DS or DD? DS X 2
8) how many dpo were you when you got your BFP? 12 and 14

powerpuffer Thu 09-Feb-17 13:58:48

I'm 5+4 with my first and know I'd loved to have seen these responses when trying, so here are mine:

1) how long did you TTC before BFP?
Got pregnant on my 4th cycle

2) did you track your cycles and ovulation?
Yes, I did cheapie ovulation sticks and used fertility friend. Couldn't get the hang of temping as I wake up at different times each day and forget! I've always tracked my cycles but only tracked ovulation since trying to conceive.

3) do you have long or short cycles? Regular or irregular?
I always had a 12 day luteal window so although the first half of my cycle changed in length, I knew I would be due AF at 13dpo. Cycles varied from 25-35 days but always with 12 day luteal. The month I conceived it would have been a 27 day cycle.

4) how often did you have sex the month you conceived?
The 3 days before ovulation and the third day after as DH was away for work

5) did you stick your legs up on the air after DTD?
I did the first few cycles, after a couple I just shoved a pillow under my hips

6) what supplements did you take (if any)?
Wilkinsons own pregnancy vitamins. They were the same ingredients as all the other conception vitamins and around a third of the price.

7) did you conceive DS or DD?
Unknown, still brewing!

8) how many dpo were you when you got your BFP?
Negative at 8dpo, strong positive at 10dpo on a FRER and 1-2 on a Clearblue Digital which I didn't think would work as the Internet cheapie was blank!

The one thing I did differently this cycle was I put my mooncup in after DTD to stop leakages. It worked - I slept with it in or left it in for a few hours depending on the time we DTD and that month I got pregnant!

Good luck!

Cosmicglitterpug Thu 09-Feb-17 14:07:21

1) how long did you TTC before BFP? First time unprotected.
2) did you track your cycles and ovulation? No
3) do you have long or short cycles? Regular or irregular? Short regular.
4) how often did you have sex the month you conceived? 8-10
5) did you stick your legs up on the air after DTD? No
6) what supplements did you take (if any)? Multi vit
7) did you conceive DS or DD? DD both times.
8) how many dpo were you when you got your BFP? 12

WelshMammy123 Thu 09-Feb-17 14:41:57

Hi,

1) How long did you TTC before BFP? - 3.5 years before DD. In 2016 I fell pregnant on cycle 2 but had a MMC and then on cycle 3 but had a tfmr
2) did you track your cycles and ovulation? - early doors I did but not really any more. I get mid cycle pain during ovulation so can spot that sign and it's always day 14 or 15.
3) do you have long or short cycles? Regular or irregular? - 28-30 days and regular
4) how often did you have sex the month you conceived? We've always tried to DTD every 2-3 days when TTC
5) did you stick your legs up on the air after DTD? - during that initial 3.5 years there's very little I didn't try (!) but no don't do that any more
6) what supplements did you take (if any)? Now I take pregnacare conception (and DH does as well), aspirin and ubiquinol. At times I tried all manner of other supplements
7) did you conceive DS or DD? DD. Tfmr was a little girl as well.
8) how many dpo were you when you got your BFP? I was 8 weeks with DD before I found out. Second time I was about 15 DPO and third time I found out way too early - about 8 dpo. I felt like I'd been pregnant for ages before I'd even reached my missed period!

Good luck xx

SayenRose Thu 09-Feb-17 17:08:13

I am TTC for #3 now and have been for 9 months with no success. This is my first baby with my husband though, I have two other DC.

1) how long did you TTC before BFP? DC#1 : 2 Months / DC#2: 1 Month
2) did you track your cycles and ovulation? No for #1, yes for #2 but only that month.
3) do you have long or short cycles? Regular or irregular? Regular 28 day cycles
4) how often did you have sex the month you conceived? DC#1: Can't remember, but a lot! / DC#2: Only once, two days before ovulation!
5) did you stick your legs up on the air after DTD? No for both
6) what supplements did you take (if any)? None for both
7) did you conceive DS or DD? DS first time, DD second time
8) how many dpo were you when you got your BFP? 14 dpo / 9 dpo

MoonlightMojitos Sun 12-Feb-17 19:44:18

Currently pregnant 24+5 with DC1 (a boy!)

1) 3rd cycle BFP but had a mc, 3rd cycle again (after the mc) for this BFP
2) Yes, was using apps since going off the pill and the cycle I got this BFP was also my first cycle using both opks (cheapies) and bbt as well.
3) Regular cycles. 29 days, 28 days, BFP on cd28, 23days, 26 days, BFP on cd25 (10dpo)
4) dtd on cd10, cd12, cd14 and cd16. Ov on cd15.
5) No but stayed lying down for 15mins!
6) Has just started taking EPO. Also pregnacare conception.
7) DS
8) 10dpo

smile good luck!

MrsCharlieD Sun 12-Feb-17 20:19:12

1) how long did you TTC before BFP? 7 cycles this time but ds took 4 years.
2) did you track your cycles and ovulation? Yes this time I used ovia and the month I got bfp I used cb digital opk's.
3) do you have long or short cycles? Regular or irregular? Long and irregular.
4) how often did you have sex the month you conceived? 9 times, 4 times in fertile week.
5) did you stick your legs up on the air after DTD? No but I stayed laid down for at least 20 minutes.
6) what supplements did you take (if any)? None.
7) did you conceive DS or DD? Ds first time, don't know about this time yet.
8) how many dpo were you when you got your BFP? 12dpo.

I hope this helps you x

Squidgling Mon 13-Feb-17 13:52:52

1) how long did you TTC before BFP? 1st cycle and 3rd cycle
2) did you track your cycles and ovulation? Tracked cycle only first time, tracked ovulation with opks the month I fell the second time.
3) do you have long or short cycles? Regular or irregular? Longish - about 30-34 days.
4) how often did you have sex the month you conceived? 3 times first time, 2 times second time.
5) did you stick your legs up on the air after DTD? No but stayed in bed and slept.
6) what supplements did you take (if any)? Ttc multivitamin this time. Can't remember first time.
7) did you conceive DS or DD? DD first time. Don't know yet this time!
8) how many dpo were you when you got your BFP? Don't remember first time. 11dpo this time.

NeverAShadowOfDoubt Mon 13-Feb-17 14:20:16

1. 3rd cycle but ended up being chemical. Conceived 2 cycles later so 5th cycle. 2. Yes i used Ovia to track ovulation and my cycles. 3. Regular 28/29 day cycles. 4. Every day during fertile week and every 4 or 5 days outside fertile week. 5. No but stayed laid down for post sex cuddles! 6. Just the usual folic acid nothing else. 7. DS and DD (twins!) 8. I got my BFP at 9dpo. Early but it was twins! 6 weeks old today! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now