Talk

Advanced search

Is this the right time

(4 Posts)
LatteTime Wed 08-Feb-17 21:29:19

Hello MN,

I had DS1 in Oct, fairly traumatic pregnancy ( preeclampsia etc etc) ended up with ELCS for an 11lb baby - no diabetes simply just a large baby. Had issues in surgery with bleeding, needed a transfusion, my stitches burst but on the road to recovery.

Anyway, my husband and I are thinking about trying again in Aug time, I just wondered if anyone had any similar experiences? I'm split I would like to have another one close, but I would also like a life for a while.......

We will be moving abroad (my husbands job) in summer 2019 so it all kind of makes sense, but I'm just a bit worried I couldn't cope with another traumatic pregnancy. Im 31 and feel a bit selfish for wanting a break between babies, I 100% want another baby I'm just looking for advice for when the time is right?

Sorry for the ramble......

confusedat23 Wed 08-Feb-17 21:44:21

Hi Latte i am only trying for my first but i think you need to maje a lost of pros and cons of trying for another one so soon... tbh i say go for it! Your past wont change between aug this year and aug next so if that is all that is worrying you then there is no reason why you shouldn't start earlier!

Roseandbee Wed 08-Feb-17 21:51:17

Congrats on your first baby! Sorry you had such a rough time though sad
August is still is a few months away, those extra months might make you more ready. At the moment I'm not surprised your hesitant as everything is still so fresh. You don't need to make your mind up yet and I think your oh will understand if you say that you just need some time to enjoy your new baby without worrying about having the next one flowers

delilahbucket Thu 09-Feb-17 18:56:42

I would say stop worrying about this now. You are not ready or you wouldn't be questuoning it. Enjoy your baby and make the most of it. August is half a year away. You can revisit the decision later. Just bear in mind that two under two is beyond hard work and you will be looking after two young children in a foreign country.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now