Talk

Advanced search

Its official!!

(10 Posts)
StaceyHart93 Wed 08-Feb-17 18:40:16

Hi guys I am new to this site so bear with me. After a long talk with my fiance we have decided to try for a baby!
Only I have no idea were to start apart from the obvious (having sex).
We have been together three years and never used contraception but never been pregnant.
So has anyone got any tips on what we should start doing, planning ect...

Please be nice as new here...
xxxx

Boltoncasey24 Wed 08-Feb-17 18:44:53

Opks to pin point ovulation x

juniorcakeoff Wed 08-Feb-17 18:47:01

If you have been having sex for three years and never used contraception, you might want to have a chat with GP unless you have been deliberately avoiding fertile times. How old are you both if you don't mind me asking?

physicskate Wed 08-Feb-17 18:51:13

Take folic acid three months before you start ttc to ensure optimum health for the developing foetus!

StaceyHart93 Wed 08-Feb-17 18:54:22

Hi I am 23 and my partner is 21....(before anyone says anything we have been discussing it for a while, and we do have savings set aside)
What is ttc and opks?
xxx

Bubbles225 Wed 08-Feb-17 19:20:06

Ttc is trying to conceive and opks are ovulation predictor kits

GreedyDuck Wed 08-Feb-17 20:04:27

Why on earth haven't you ever used contraception? I hope you've both been tested for STDs.

Roseandbee Wed 08-Feb-17 20:36:37

Hi Stacey,
Were you using any method to avoid getting pregnant. We stopped using contraception nearly 3 years ago when we got married. But we've only been properly tracking things and ttc for 2 months. I'm hoping that the fact we weren't doing the deed that often or at the right time is why it's never happened before.

Greedy I presume Stacey means that she's never used contraception with her fiancé so I don't think STDs would be an issue

StaceyHart93 Wed 08-Feb-17 21:02:43

Roseandbee yes thats what I meant. Before i met him i was using the injection method but stopped after wed been together for a while. My periods did stop for a while which i thought was normal i was going to make an appointment when boom they came back.
I will be buying an ovulation kit next month and will start properly tracking my periods as literally that have only gone back to normal the past three months....
xxxx

StaceyHart93 Wed 08-Feb-17 21:03:08

We have both been tested for STIs and last one was three months ago all clear xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now