Talk

Advanced search

Tips on trying to concieve?

(8 Posts)
NurseJay Wed 08-Feb-17 15:38:49

Hi guys,

im just new on here blush, so we have been trying to concieve since October 2016! Nothings happened as of yet! We were just going to leave it and see how things pan out so I haven't been tracking my ovulation but read somewhere that it is two weeks after the last day of my period? So have been getting extra busy then! This months period came 10 days early sad it started off as brown spotting so for a few days I really got my hopes up! I just feel as if I'm doing something wrong or im not trying hard enough! I feel jealous or envious every time I see a pregnant lady or a couple announce their pregnancy

Ugh I just need some reassurance I suppose

Thanks for reading my rant lol!

Jay x

MrsC2017 Wed 08-Feb-17 19:46:40

Hi Jay, ovulation can vary from person to person. Have you tried mapping your cycles even with an app if you don't want to do ovulation tests yet, that can give you a rough idea and it gets to know you the more you put in to it. Ovia is probably the most common one people use on here, it's not always accurate but its a place to start. Cheap ovulation tests can be bought on Amazon if you want to try them! Good luck!

TinklyLittleLaugh Wed 08-Feb-17 19:50:20

Have sex when you get egg whitey mucous. Try not to stress. It took us 12 months the first time, then first attempt the next three times.

MacNcheese87 Wed 08-Feb-17 19:55:05

The best thing I used was the Clearblue Digital ovulation sticks. They're not cheap, but they're very effective. For us anyway.

We were trying for a while but i got pregnant on the first month using these. I used the newer pack that give you more fertile days (can't think of the name of them off the top of my head). We ended up dtd every day for 9 days straight! We had 6 flashing smilies indicating that I was getting ready to ovulate and 2 days of static smiley. Then we did it the day after just for good measure. I'm sure you don't have to do it every day, every other day is fine, but every day worked for us.

We also used pressed but really really sparingly, too much didn't agree with DH and he would get stressed and struggle to finish! We used it just as a lube and didn't bother squirting it up!

I also used the cheapie ovulation sticks in hand with the clearblue, they are ok but much trickier to read.

Good luck!

MacNcheese87 Wed 08-Feb-17 19:56:07

Pre-seed* not pressed!

GreedyDuck Wed 08-Feb-17 20:02:51

Providing you have a fairly regular four week cycle, ovulation should occur roughly mid cycle, which is two weeks from the start of your period, not the end as you've put in your header. The first day of your period is the first day of a new cycle.

Roseandbee Wed 08-Feb-17 21:10:49

Hi Jay, as Greedy said the first day of your period counts as the first day of your new cycle. And if you have brown spotting before, I'd count day one as the first full red blood day (lovely). If your not regular than aim to have sex every two to three days or try using ovulation test sticks.
Also don't stand up straight after, let gravity give you a helping hand!

NurseJay Wed 08-Feb-17 22:25:36

Thanks for the advice ladies! I have downloaded and app that will help me track my ovulation and i will pop into asda tomorrow and buy some sticks!. I think ive gotten over the 'fun baby making" stage and now it's all i can think about! It's totally affecting my day to day living as i day dream about when it will happen and what I'd be doing at this moment in time sad ive even picked out my pram and been looking at moses baskets lol! My boyfriend will think ive done mad if i told him! Hes just enjoying all the trying lol! gringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now