Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Ovulation tests: Discuss

(7 Posts)
MezBezfan Wed 08-Feb-17 11:14:03

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend any good ovulation tests to use / what's your personal thoughts or experience of using these tests?

NinaMarieP Wed 08-Feb-17 11:16:42

I bought the cheapest of tests from Amazon. £5 for 30 or something like that. I found they worked perfectly well and I got a definite positive every month. Fifth month using them I conceived.

Roseandbee Wed 08-Feb-17 11:22:04

I also use the amazon cheap tests (I think they are called one step) and find they seem to be working as im getting my peak mid cycle as expected. I get a definite darker line but some people struggle as they seem to only get very faint lines, I think it just depends on you personal LH levels and sometimes it better to get a test either higher or lower sensitivity if you find they aren't working

GreedyDuck Wed 08-Feb-17 12:37:32

Got pregnant first month of trying using CB dual hormone digital ones.

lucylou1234 Wed 08-Feb-17 13:31:44

i got pregnant first month of using cb digital dual hormone also. that was also cycle 16. wish i had used them earlier.

TheLegendOfBeans Wed 08-Feb-17 13:38:01

Ok

So I'm not pregnant BUT at one point I was double running the cheapie OPKs off Amazon and the Clearblue digital.

CB showed my LH hormone and ovulation time, the OPKs showed nothing.

Personally I think CB are the more reliable - more expensive but more reliable.

Fluffywallow Wed 08-Feb-17 13:43:52

I used the clearblue ovulation kit and credit it with me getting pregnant first month with this baby - I have cycles of varying lengths so had taken an average of my past 6 cycles and dtd at that time.

On a whim, after I though our fertile window had passed, I bought the above kit and started testing each morning just to confirm that I was right and that ovulation had passed.

Well about a week later I got a smiley face on the ovulation kit!!! So my prediction had been way out and that particular cycle was 34 days (the longest I'd had in 6 months). So we dtd the couple more times, and that is when, I believe we conceived.

So personally, if you have erratic cycles like me i think it's really helpful!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: