Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation tests: Discuss

(7 Posts)
MezBezfan Wed 08-Feb-17 11:14:03

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend any good ovulation tests to use / what's your personal thoughts or experience of using these tests?

NinaMarieP Wed 08-Feb-17 11:16:42

I bought the cheapest of tests from Amazon. £5 for 30 or something like that. I found they worked perfectly well and I got a definite positive every month. Fifth month using them I conceived.

Roseandbee Wed 08-Feb-17 11:22:04

I also use the amazon cheap tests (I think they are called one step) and find they seem to be working as im getting my peak mid cycle as expected. I get a definite darker line but some people struggle as they seem to only get very faint lines, I think it just depends on you personal LH levels and sometimes it better to get a test either higher or lower sensitivity if you find they aren't working

GreedyDuck Wed 08-Feb-17 12:37:32

Got pregnant first month of trying using CB dual hormone digital ones.

lucylou1234 Wed 08-Feb-17 13:31:44

i got pregnant first month of using cb digital dual hormone also. that was also cycle 16. wish i had used them earlier.

TheLegendOfBeans Wed 08-Feb-17 13:38:01

Ok

So I'm not pregnant BUT at one point I was double running the cheapie OPKs off Amazon and the Clearblue digital.

CB showed my LH hormone and ovulation time, the OPKs showed nothing.

Personally I think CB are the more reliable - more expensive but more reliable.

Fluffywallow Wed 08-Feb-17 13:43:52

I used the clearblue ovulation kit and credit it with me getting pregnant first month with this baby - I have cycles of varying lengths so had taken an average of my past 6 cycles and dtd at that time.

On a whim, after I though our fertile window had passed, I bought the above kit and started testing each morning just to confirm that I was right and that ovulation had passed.

Well about a week later I got a smiley face on the ovulation kit!!! So my prediction had been way out and that particular cycle was 34 days (the longest I'd had in 6 months). So we dtd the couple more times, and that is when, I believe we conceived.

So personally, if you have erratic cycles like me i think it's really helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now