Talk

Advanced search

Hit me with your good news stories

(22 Posts)
TheLegendOfBeans Tue 07-Feb-17 20:42:21

Good evening.

After a m/c in August my DH and I are TTC #2 and no ball yet.

I got pregnant at basically first strike with Dd1 and the same the second time.

We've been TTC since end Oct. I've done the ovulation sticks this past two months and still just BFNs.

AF is on her way, this much I know.

Basically I am on the hairy edge, desperate to get pg and just so despondent right now. I wish I could stop thinking about it all but my brain won't switch off.

So, for those of you who've got this far, please tell me your good news stories. I just feel like a big sad lump and want to see some stories of hope and pompom waving x

MrsCharlieD Tue 07-Feb-17 21:00:47

I feel your pain but hopefully I can give you hope! 4 years of ttc finally resulted in ds 3 years ago. We'd completely given up hope and resigned ourselves to life as just us 2. Then bam. Bfp. Roll on 3 years and we decided to try for number 2. 7 cycles, 1 chemical and we finally ditched the opk's and I got my bfp on Thursday. I'm also 33 and plus size so everything was against me. Miracles do happen.

TheLegendOfBeans Tue 07-Feb-17 21:56:19

I like this MrsCharlie. It's the hope that kills but I like stories like yours.

MORE HAPPINESS PLEASE!

Phoenix76 Tue 07-Feb-17 22:23:48

Oh I've been there! Firstly, so sorry for your loss 💐. When ttc 2 I had a "suspect" smear & told to not ttc until further investigations. Eventually all that was done and thankfully all clear. Then a cp. Nothing for months & months except my depression over it all, everyone around me suddenly became pregnant. I was 39. Anyway, did a load of research on the good old net, ditched the opk's & just dtd every 2-3 days regardless of cycle and hey presto got my bfp within a month, my dd2 is now almost a year old. Hang in there, ttc is a roller coaster of ups and downs, good luck and wish you your bfp soon.

TheLegendOfBeans Wed 08-Feb-17 06:35:15

Bumping for the morning traffic. Even blooming dreaming about peeing on sticks now!

WelshMammy123 Wed 08-Feb-17 08:24:57

So sorry for your loss.

My story is that DH and I tried for over 3 years for DD. We had all the tests and we're diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We had a MC, 3 IUI's and 1 cycle of IVF along the way. In the weeks after the ivf failed I was desperately wanting my AF to arrive (first time in years I'd hoped for that!) but it just didn't. I ended up going to see the doctor asking for her to give me something to bring it on as we couldn't book our next IVF cycle until I'd had a bleed. Thankfully she refused but offered a scan. As it was an internal my DH wanted me to do one more (pointless I thought) pregnancy test and sure enough I was pregnant. And it turned out I was already 8 weeks. DD is now 2.

Last year we decided to try again fully expecting a long haul but I fell pregnant really quickly. Unfortunately that ended in a MMC. I then fell pregnant 3 months later which again unfortunately ended in a loss (tfmr). So whilst last year was horrific it did help me feel slightly more reassured that perhaps the problems that used to exist don't any more. We're now TTC again.

The only things I have done is ovulation tests these last two months to make sure I'm ovulating after the tfmr - but I won't continue with them. And I take some supplements. We DTD every 2-3 days during the early part of my cycle and up to just after ovulation. We then have a week or so off!

Good luck xx

Writerwannabe83 Wed 08-Feb-17 09:53:59

I caught pregnant on our first cycle when TTC my son and when he was about two years old we decided to TTC for another.

Once again I caught pregnant on our first cycle but unfortunately I miscarried about 3 weeks after my BFP.

Due to catching first time I thought it would be easy to get pregnant again but sadly not. It took us 10 cycles until I got my BFP and I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant.

By the 10th cycle I had gotten very despondent and had started to believe it was never going to happen so it was a lovely surprise smile

TurquoiseDress Wed 08-Feb-17 10:25:16

Hi Legend

You sound v similar to me- so sorry to hear about the miscarriage, it's utterly shit isn't it?

I had a missed miscarriage in June last year- started bleeding the day of my dating scan, one day short of 13 weeks. Complete devastation.

Like you, I fell pregnant straight away with number 1, had stopped taking the pill after more than a decade.

Number 2 last year was the exact same- barely had a withdrawal bleed from the pill, then boom I was pregnant.

So have been TTC since July- I never knew what a journey it could be, working out dates, obsessive knicker checking, making sure we did it at the right times, being convinced this would be THE month only to be left utterly disappointed.

To get to the point, it's been over 6 months TTC now & absolutely bugger all. Thankfully my periods are regular and things seem to be ok.
At first I tried to reassure myself that I would be pregnant pretty quickly and definitely by the end of 2016- but no this was not to be the case.

Arriving at my due date in December was really tough, more than I thought it would be- a lot of people have commented that once you go past your due date you are "ready" to fall pregnant again- but that doesn't seem to be the case for me yet.
I've been ready to fall pregnancy since July!

Also to add, I've been using OPKs since last summer- bought them off Amazon the week after confirmed MMC as I thought we should use all the help we could get. Also did BBT for a couple of months but couldn't be arsed to carry on- from what I did, it appears I am ovulating.

The most exciting it's got over the last 6 months is having positive OPKs!
I know we have been having sex at the correct time (according to the OPKs) so it's so very frustrating.

To top off all my desperation and sheer frustration, I am going to turn 39 this summer so I really do not have time to lose in this game.

I look back wistfully at 10 months ago- sudden & unexpected BFP, and feeling relieved that we'd have baby number 2 by the end of 2016, at the grand old age of 38 and we wouldn't need to go through the stress of TTC.

If only that were true sad

Sorry this has been such a ramble and I have no good story to share with you, but I wanted to say thank you for posting and I truly know where you are coming from.

Good luck to us both!

Wombletor Wed 08-Feb-17 10:33:36

Hi
I had 3 MCs in 9 months and was utterly distraught that we gave up. 1 year later after a drunken fumble I was pregnant again age 42. He arrived safely. smile

Good luck, keep going

TurquoiseDress Wed 08-Feb-17 10:34:36

Phoenix
I think we may have to take your approach and ditch everything and just have lots of sex every 2 to 3 days!

Used to have the Ovia app but I deleted it just before the New year as it was just annoying me in the end!

Writer congratulations on your pregnancy, fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

WelshMammy
So sorry to hear about your experiences last year, good luck & I hope you get your BFP very soon x

StrawbRhi Wed 08-Feb-17 10:47:54

I was told at 18 that fue to severe PCOS, I would probably never have children without medical intervention. I was in a long term relationship so we tried unsuccessfully for 4 years until we split up.
I met my now husband a year after I split from ex and 3 months later and one drunken night, I was pregnant with my now 6 year old DD. Such a shock.
TTC dc2 began when She was 18 months old. Nothing for two years, despite heavy dosages of clinic. I lost 6 stone which helped us concieve but I had 4 miscarriages in the space of 18 months and began to lose hope. I went for investigation but surprisingly fell pregnant again, a month after mc4, on a month we took a step back from it all.

With the aid of aspirin, I am now 23 weeks pregnant with a healthy and lively DD2.

TheLegendOfBeans Wed 08-Feb-17 10:52:06

Turquoise yep yep we are almost in exactly the same boat and yep I know what you mean about time ticking.

I'm so fed up of the thinking and the hope. I can feel the grindy feeling of AF gearing up to say hi on Sat and I'm just tired of the emotional rollercoaster.

Writer I love your story. I can't help but think I'm going to get to cycle 10+ before I get a lucky hit. I just know

Crikey Welsh, I don't know how you've kept it together.

Not working isn't helping me, I had to quit my job as they were asshats about my hours after I had DD. All the time to myself isn't helping and I'm away to volunteer with the RVS to do some things in the nearby hospital.

I'm just so mentally tired. I wish I could do that thing they do in Men in Black where they just wipe your memory with a pen thing.

Anyway, your stories are helping. And it's really just pot luck all things considered eh? The "drunken fumble" (love it) proves that you can try and be as holy as anything, it's just the lucky sperm race, innit?

WelshMammy123 Wed 08-Feb-17 11:04:28

Hi again,

Straw - I saw you said you're taking aspirin. I've been advised to do the same but I can't find any reliable advice on when to start taking it! Did you start from getting your BFP or from when you started TTC? Thanks - sorry to hijack! X

TurquoiseDress Wed 08-Feb-17 11:29:51

Legend

I'm starting to really think it's just pot luck now!

My pregnancies 1 & 2 involved copious amounts of wine prior to conception, no vitamins or folic acid, absolutely no planning/calculating/analysing calendars...and to top it off, just ONE episode of sex in the month I conceived each time.

Now on cycle 7 and don't think Ive ever had so much unprotected sex in my life!

or taken as many supplements- folic acid, calcium & vitamin D and the money burning Ubiquinol!

TheLegendOfBeans Wed 08-Feb-17 13:25:45

Oh god, Ubiquinol, it's so £££.

Same here, the month prior to conception was basically a festival of wine, fags and pizza and BOOM.

Maybe that's the answer ???

Welsh - no hijack but would you believe I'm allergic to aspirin - never thought I'd be giving boxes of paracetamol death stares.

ArchiesMamaBird Wed 08-Feb-17 13:39:36

I don't have a good story I'm afraid, just wanted to say that I totally know how you feel.

DS was a happy accident 3 years ago, I'd come off the pill for a few months because I was just feeling a bit blah, and we were using condoms (most of the time when we remembered grin) So he was a complete shock.

Fast forward 2.5 years later and we got married and started trying again straight away. I had it in my head that I must be super fertile to have conceived DS so easily before (plus the fact I was 25, healthy and had regular periods). But we're 9 months down the line and still nothing.

I'm trying to stay positive, and keep telling myself that ttc can take time, and reading these stories are really giving me hope. Good luck to you flowers

StrawbRhi Wed 08-Feb-17 19:19:00

welsh - I started taking it 2 days before my bfp, and the epu said that I should start as soon as possible when I called them at 6 weeks lmp (but didn't actually recommend it specifically just that it wouldn't hurt to try).
I don't know why I started it, I had no idea I was pregnant and didn't get a positive test until 17dpo! I was just just in Asda and felt the need to buy it. Fate!

TartYvette Wed 08-Feb-17 19:49:38

Ttc 4 years. Dc1 happened first go. Had all tests, tried clomid, no joy. Started injections, can't remember what they were called. Still nothing. One mc. But I never even had a positive opk. I was going away with a group of friends and for the first time in years did NOT want to be pregnant. I did have my first ever positive opk so dtd and went on holiday. No period after but negative pregnancy tests until I was 6 weeks pregnant. What a surprise! Dc2 is now 8. After that much effort we decided two was twice blessed so never tried again but the irony is that my previously very tricky periods have been like clockwork ever since.

Bubblegum89 Wed 08-Feb-17 20:20:05

I got pregnant with DD at 18, completely unplanned. Missed one pill due to being a bit overzealous during fresher's week at uni and totally forgot! I got pregnant again after one missed pill (missed due to moving house and the stress just made me forget one day) in 2015. I just assumed I was fertile myrtle and getting pregnant again would be a breeze. It absolutely isn't!

sureitsgrand Thu 09-Feb-17 00:10:10

Hi beans, we were on a thread together in August. I've no happy story to add (yet! I live in hope!) but just wanted to say you aren't on your own. I try not to come on conception board too often or I get obsessed but I pop by now and again. Here's hoping for us both very soon x

TheLegendOfBeans Thu 09-Feb-17 09:31:35

I remember you sure!

Like you I'm a bit delicate re; the conception boards but I'm always on the lookout for happy endings

[tips bucket of baby dust over the both of us{

sureitsgrand Thu 09-Feb-17 12:47:27

Thanks Legend. We will get there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now