Talk

Advanced search

First AF after implant removed & PCOS

(7 Posts)
Lunanightsky Tue 07-Feb-17 18:50:19

Hello grin

I was wondering if anyone with PCOS has had their implant removed and how long it took for AF to show or even to have spotting?

I had mine removed Jan 17th, no sign as of yet however I felt rumblings and twitches like it might be on the way.

Becoming impatient sad

Xx

SayNoToCarrots Tue 07-Feb-17 19:00:32

What kind of implant? If it has oestrogen you will have to wait until it's out of your system before you can ovulate (high levels of oestrogen suppress LH). I was on the patch until the week before new year, and that is full of oestrogen. Still no sign of AF.

blondie1234568 Tue 07-Feb-17 19:18:34

Had my implant removed just before xmas and first bleed was 9th Jan.
X

blondie1234568 Tue 07-Feb-17 19:18:50

Mine was nexplanon

Lunanightsky Tue 07-Feb-17 19:19:17

I had nexplanon removed, she said things would return to normal in two weeks. She then tried to offer me more protection so I said we will be trying soon but I'm not sure if things can be back to normal if there's no cycle going on...

ASqueakingInTheShrubbery Tue 07-Feb-17 19:31:54

Fertility goes back to normal-for-you within days if not hours. If you haven't come on in a month-6 weeks, pee on a stick. I don't have PCOS, but was pregnant 3 weeks after mine came out. Don't forget you ovulate before you have your period.

LunaNightSky Thu 09-Feb-17 14:09:39

Thanks for your responses. It's shown itself today should ovulate on 23rd apparently grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now