Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When to take the test ? Any help appreciated

(10 Posts)
ShevMcG Tue 07-Feb-17 18:32:31

I'm on cycle 2 of provera clomid meds, I'm now on day 12 (currently ovulating hopefully) but at what point do I take a pregnancy test ? I'm on provera now so if I'mpregnant will I get a period or not? Do I test after the period ? I'm so confused

YouBoggleMyMind Tue 07-Feb-17 18:39:56

Is this 12 days since the start of your period. When did you take clomid?

YouBoggleMyMind Tue 07-Feb-17 18:41:56

Provera is designed to induce a period. When you get your period you then take clomid. This should then you make you ovulate and approx 14 days after that you could take a test.

ShevMcG Tue 07-Feb-17 21:10:35

Yeah 12 days since my period, clomid was Day 2-6,

ShevMcG Tue 07-Feb-17 21:11:32

Correction day til so day 1 being the first day of my period

ShevMcG Tue 07-Feb-17 21:13:23

Day 12 now and day one was start of the period, then clomid days 2-6 I've done ovulation sticks which show postive on days 10 and 11, it's just the checking side, as I'm now starting back on the provera, it worries me that it induces a period but what if I fall pregnant this cycle ?

YouBoggleMyMind Tue 07-Feb-17 21:20:31

Not sure why you've been asked to take provera again now? It's to induce a period if you don't have regular cycles.
Is that what the Dr told you to do? Might be worth clarifying with your Dr tomorrow?

YouBoggleMyMind Tue 07-Feb-17 22:00:00

Looks as though you can take it in the second half of your cycle without issue. I'd suggest testing on day 28 of this cycle, so in 14-16 days. If you're not pregnant you'll have a period, if you are pregnant, well then you're pregnant and happy days!

ShevMcG Thu 09-Feb-17 18:40:45

Yes I didn't have a period for over 3 years so I'm on a 3 month provera and clomid cycle, I hope I don't get a period this month, would be nice

I'll test around the 24th Feb and hope for the best, thank you

YouBoggleMyMind Thu 09-Feb-17 18:51:06

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now