Talk

Advanced search

Worst thing about IVF?

(4 Posts)
Avocadosmoothie Tue 07-Feb-17 17:45:27

Hi everyone, I'm keen to understand the IVF process a bit more and I want to ask people what is the worst part of the IVF process e.g. the injections/retrieval/waiting etc. Obviously excluding failed attempts because I understand finding out it hasn't worked must be the worst potential part there could be!

WelshMammy123 Tue 07-Feb-17 17:52:22

Hi,

In truth I didn't find ivf too bad a process - but I know everyone is different. The injections take a bit of getting used to but my DH used to do those for me as a way of him being involved. In terms of pain I would say the egg collection is the most painful but but that said I would describe it more as discomfort than out and out pain. The bit I found hardest was the wait to find out how many eggs had fertilised and the wait to see how many, if any, made it to blastocyst. The decision when to have one put back in was hard as well - whether to wait to 5 days and see if any got to blasto but know that I could lose them all.

Hope the above helps but feel free to ask any other questions and I'll do my best to answer! X

moongirl123 Thu 09-Feb-17 22:23:10

I had no issue with the injection or the process in general. It's the waiting and the emotional roller coaster that got me, especially during the wait after the embryo transfer and getting a period in my case sad

Oysterbabe Fri 10-Feb-17 10:22:10

Maybe try the infertility board? A lot of very knowledgeable ladies over there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now