Talk

Advanced search

Clearblue Digital - no high / only peak

(18 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Tue 07-Feb-17 15:45:48

I only ever get the high reading. I tested yesterday late evening and it was negative... Today it went straight to peak. I used the internet cheapies too and yesterday had two lines but one slightly fainter and todays very clearly positive. Id like to see the high reading on the CB sticks so we can do the dance more... Is my surge too short/quick? Help.

Littlemisssugarplum88 Tue 07-Feb-17 15:49:52

I have a friend who tested throughout her whole cycle and she only ever got low on hers and she conceived that month. It was first time trying that month too. So I say just go for it smile xx

OnNaturesCourse Tue 07-Feb-17 15:59:47

Thanks. Its just strange that the cheapies are proving better

Alb1 Tue 07-Feb-17 16:15:17

I only used it for one month and I only got peak aswell (but had 2 surges so got it twice) and conceived that month smile I never got a positive on the cheap ones, no idea why!

OnNaturesCourse Tue 07-Feb-17 16:20:21

I got two peaks last month too...strange huh? What does it mean

Alb1 Tue 07-Feb-17 16:33:16

My guess is on the first surge the ovulation fails so it goes again a few days later, going on when I got my bfp it was probably from the second surge

EMHW123 Tue 07-Feb-17 20:40:26

Hey all,

I've been charting using the older cb tests this month ( bought by accident on amazon 😒) anyway I've not had a smiley face at all and worried that I'm not going to ovulate at cd20 cycles are 30/31 days. When I eject the tests they are getting slightly darker second lines but obviously still not enough to say I'm ovulating. Did you guys check the ejected stick to see how strong the lines are? Just curious....

allthecheese Tue 07-Feb-17 22:01:48

Oh god littlemiss that makes me feel so much better. I have nothing but a big fat zero on my Clearblue OPKs and it's getting me down!

allthecheese Tue 07-Feb-17 22:03:34

EMHW yes I check the lines. I am CD 15 and my line is fairly faint. So frustrating isn't it? I am so worried I'm not ovulating.

EMHW123 Tue 07-Feb-17 22:08:50

cheese I just actually broke down in front of my oh, he's so fab but I can't help but stress which sure as feckety will not be helping!

Is this your first month using them? How long have you been trying?!

littlemiss I'm so glad you posted that! Maybe there is hope....

CrazyPebbles Tue 07-Feb-17 22:14:58

I have been using the monitor for a while, have become pregnant five times whilst using the monitor and twice using the standard stocks (sadly MC on all of them)

But, I have had months of one high, then peak (you will always get two peaks the second is automatic)

I've had two months of low then peak

But mostly two highs then, peak

This month I've been high for five days, I ovulate like clockwork usually so I'm a day away from my usual high then peak.

Sometimes I've ovulated early and other times a few days later.

So it can vary smile how long have you been using it? First two months it was very confused for me smile

CrazyPebbles Tue 07-Feb-17 22:18:00

I always check my sticks, and have ejected one day and it's definetly been darker by my eyes but been low and next day I've peaked smile I wonder if sometimes for some people it misses it until it gets a bit used to you, or you ovulate at a different time and it misses the surge.

EMHW123 Tue 07-Feb-17 22:20:51

Hi crazy I haven't started using the monitor yet, I've bought that to use next month.... interesting to see your variation though.

I've been trying for 5 months but this is the first I've charted using the digital ones and have done it from day12 I'm now cd20. Normal cycle 30/31 days.

Just worried I suppose x

MortifiedinAsda Tue 07-Feb-17 22:21:21

I had this the month I conceived ds 3. Cracked it up with a opk and got a positive later in the day.

MortifiedinAsda Tue 07-Feb-17 22:21:46

Backed it up even hmm

CrazyPebbles Tue 07-Feb-17 22:26:14

Try not to worry, I know easier said than done smile it's a difficult business for some of us.

The peaks can happen later in the day for some people, I was becoming too obsessed using non digital as went through a bad patch for a while, so researched the monitor quite heavily as I needed something to try and alleviate some of the stress.

I do trust it and loose my mind a little less

CrazyPebbles Tue 07-Feb-17 22:27:48

Mortified - I have had stronger lines on high days if I've cracked and backed up with an OPK on a day that I'm sure I should that bloody smiley face... the smiley face appeared the next day

OnNaturesCourse Wed 08-Feb-17 10:26:19

Im glad im not alone in this!! Its so frustrating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now