Talk

Advanced search

Confused about ovulation

(28 Posts)
Avocadosmoothie Mon 06-Feb-17 21:41:48

Hi, these tests were taken on CD 15 of my current cycle and CD 15 of my last cycle why are they completely different? My cycle is very regular, always between 28 and 31 days. We've been trying to conceive for 8 months with no luck. I've had a CD 21 blood test which came back normal but with slightly raised androgens. My progesterone level was28 which my doctor said was fine but reading around it seems low. Can anyone help? Thanks! 

passmethewine123 Tue 07-Feb-17 07:24:48

Your cycles are regular but they do vary by a few days so it could just be that you are ovulating slightly later this month and having a 31 day cycle rather than a 28 day cycle. Hopefully in a couple of days you will get a positive OPK smile

passmethewine123 Tue 07-Feb-17 07:26:25

Also, our LH surges at various points throughout the day so it could also be that you missed the surge. Di you take it at the same time everyday and not with FMU?

Avocadosmoothie Tue 07-Feb-17 07:48:07

The positive opk from last month was taken around midday, the opk from this month was taken on the same cycle day at about 8pm.

passmethewine123 Tue 07-Feb-17 08:45:27

Ah ok well if it makes you feel any better I don't really get a result in the evenings. Yesterday I did one around 1pm which was negative, but closer to positive than negative if you know what I mean, and then another at 8pm which was so faint the line was barely there.
If I were you I would do another midday today

FluttershyStare Tue 07-Feb-17 08:51:15

I could have written the start of your post avocado, I'm a month or so behind you and have just broken out the ovulation tests after getting frustrated of the "just letting it happen" approach

im 29 and was giving it till July to go to the drs for bloods etc

Fx for you

GreedyDuck Tue 07-Feb-17 09:57:53

Put simply, maybe you just haven't ovulated this month. That can happen occasionally.

I wouldn't place that much faith in internet cheapies either, they aren't 100% reliable.

Avocadosmoothie Tue 07-Feb-17 10:16:25

Thanks. I've also been using clearblue digital ovulation sticks this month and I haven't seen a high or peak so does look like I might not have ovulated

Avocadosmoothie Tue 07-Feb-17 11:49:40

I've just taken another opk and it was completely negative. hmm

Missonhartbaby Tue 07-Feb-17 15:34:11

Hey ladies! I'm new to all this but I think I'm ovulating but I'm finding these onestep tests abit tricky to read. What do you guys think?

passmethewine123 Tue 07-Feb-17 15:36:13

Top two tests are negative, bottom test is either positive or very close to being positive. It's hard to judge from a picture so you may be able to see clearer in real life if the rest line is actually darker than the control line

Missonhartbaby Tue 07-Feb-17 15:40:43

Amazing thanks, that's what I thought. It looks to be on par with the control line or a tiny bit darker. Fingers crossed for it being positive! I came off the pill just before Xmas and didn't even think I would be ovulating by now so hopefully everything is getting back to normal again!

OnNaturesCourse Tue 07-Feb-17 15:58:37

mission

This is my positive (confirmed by clear blue test) if it at all helps you to read the lines !

Im in your boat having just finished birth control at X'mas. Happy baby making! Xx

Missonhartbaby Tue 07-Feb-17 17:25:12

Ah exciting for you!! I think it's a positive but it's the same shade as the test line but I've never had a line like that before, it's normally not there or very very faint! And to you! Good luck!!

Missonhartbaby Tue 07-Feb-17 17:44:18

Sorry for poor quality photo but I've just taken another test and this time the line is definitely darker and looks more like yours OnNaturesCourse!! Woo hoo smile

OnNaturesCourse Wed 08-Feb-17 10:28:15

Brilliant ! Happy baby dancing!!! ❤

Avocadosmoothie Wed 08-Feb-17 17:17:59

My positive finally showed up - a couple of days later than usual!

Avocadosmoothie Wed 08-Feb-17 17:18:48

Must have been a faulty one stop for the test to show absolutely no hormone only 2 days ago?

OnNaturesCourse Wed 08-Feb-17 18:10:51

My test didnt show anything either, just a peak day

Missonhartbaby Wed 08-Feb-17 18:51:18

Do you guys get cramping around ovulation... And I don't mean like pain in one side like your meant to have but like nagging low period like cramps?!

Avocadosmoothie Wed 08-Feb-17 19:47:05

I get backache around ovulation

Missonhartbaby Wed 08-Feb-17 20:43:39

Avocado that's so odd! I guess we all have our own weird little things! Haha

OnNaturesCourse Wed 08-Feb-17 23:09:41

I get all my period/pms symptoms for about three days around ovulation but to a lesser extreme. That includes back pain, cramps right across, moods xx

Missonhartbaby Thu 09-Feb-17 12:46:46

Yea that's what I've been feeling like, I thought I was going to come on, but turns out it was ovulation. Also I have like a 5 week cycle by the looks of things which is odd, I ovulated on day 22!!

OnNaturesCourse Thu 09-Feb-17 20:25:52

I'm beginning to realise I'm just super moody 😂 I even get like the damp "come on/started" feeling over ovulation...my body goes a bit loopy xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now