Talk

Advanced search

Any other broody lurkers waiting TTC??

(16 Posts)
PumpkinPi84 Mon 06-Feb-17 21:14:22

Just that really. When I'm broody, I come on here and lurk. We're planning to start TTC #2 in the summer as I've recently started a new job. Sensible decision but the waiting is killing me!

kirinm Mon 06-Feb-17 21:15:38

Me! Combination of things stopping us but I think we'll try late summer. I'm trying to concentrate on getting healthy and renovating our flat in the meantime.

PumpkinPi84 Mon 06-Feb-17 21:35:44

Thanks for the company kirinm! I know I should stay away from mn but the hormones overtake logic.
Would this be your first or do you already have a nipper?

kirinm Mon 06-Feb-17 22:19:01

I have a grown up son (20). I had him when I was very young. Since then I've had multiple miscarriages so it's not just a case of waiting to try again but building myself up to it.

I check the conception and pregnancy boards most days blush not in a sad way, I'm happy enough waiting until the end of the summer but I like seeing the squinter threads!

How about you?

Monkey29 Tue 07-Feb-17 02:10:47

Me too! Haven't been on here for over 2 years. 2 dds 3 1/2 and 1 1/2. Always wanted 3. Said last year we might start ttc after Christmas. have a few medical things I need to get the all clear on before we go ahead but should be ready to go in about 2 mths I think. Just met consultant the other day so have started to get really excited the last few days...hence back on the forumsmile. Am thinking I'm a bit crazy having another so close together. I have found the last year and a half hard going (2nd one was hard work!! But a little dote!) She's only just sleeping through so of course the broodyness is kicking in. I must crave sleepless nights😂. All so worth it though!

helly29 Tue 07-Feb-17 12:42:06

Me too! Waiting on a decision about my work - dependent on that will probably start ttc either in late summer or April/May,after ds turns 2.

Mainly lurking here or childbirth - already scouring info on vbac/elcs and not even pregnant yet! grin

Excited to start, but also remember how anxious things are early on. Hope you're OK kirinm - I imagine trying again after that must be a little daunting.

Nice to have some company while we wait! I also love the 'is this a line' threads! smile

PumpkinPi84 Wed 08-Feb-17 20:02:00

Thanks for joining us Monkey and Helly!

Sorry for your losses kirinm, that sounds much harder than my just my silly hormones.

My DS is 19 months and at such a cute stage. It's definitely a few months of proper sleep and hormones rather than actual logic which is making me broody. I found the reality of a newborn pretty brutal.

PumpkinPi84 Wed 08-Feb-17 20:03:26

And I hope my lurking isn't creepy either, it's just a chance to share the excitement when you have to wait and can't really discuss your emotions publicly.

IJustGotHitByADeer Tue 28-Feb-17 14:02:39

Me too smile we're going to start trying when I get to the end of this stage of my OU course and I'm counting down the days!

Emma2803 Tue 28-Feb-17 21:16:38

We're also planning on ttc from april and like you helly our ds will have just turned 2!! I'm already off the pill, on vitamins, trying to lose baby weight from #1 and doing opks!! I also have the rose tinted glasses on about a new baby, was reading the sleep thread last night and I forgot how much you worry about are they sleeping enough am I doing the right thing etc when they are small. But it soon passes, feels like a blink since my lo was a tiny baby!! He is a proper wee man now!!

PumpkinPi84 Tue 28-Feb-17 21:39:06

Welcome Ijust and Emma!

Our current plan is for me to stop mini pill early April (when I run out) and start trying properly in June. I veer between very broody and reluctant to give up the current happy status quo.

When does your OU course finish IJust?

PumpkinPi84 Tue 28-Feb-17 21:40:53

Ps very true about how the mind filters out the hard stuff and just sends you lots of broody hormones. I'm rereading a book which I found really helpful in the early days (What mothers do) to remind and prepare myself for the tougher bits.

purplechoc Tue 28-Feb-17 21:45:57

Me! We're getting married in June and looking to start ttc straight after.

I was on the pill until mid February when I ran out so came off and am now waiting for my first proper af off of the pill. Not sure how we're going to try not to conceive before then as other methods don't work very well for us!

Excited for starting but from some of the threads I've seen lurking, I know I will get obsessed with symptom spotting!

Glad to see I'm not the only one lurking around waiting. Sorry to hear of your losses Kirinm, it must take courage to think about trying again.

PumpkinPi84 Tue 28-Feb-17 22:00:38

I know what you mean purplechoc. With our DS, I came off the pill in September, meant to start trying after Christmas, but got fed up with condoms and conceived in October. The tricky thing is no one knows how long it will take for cycle to regulate and to get a sticky bean. We were lucky the first time, but who knows this time.

purplechoc Tue 28-Feb-17 22:08:40

That was my thinking too* pumpkinpie,* you never know how long it might take, so it's difficult to convince yourself to wait once off the pill. You conceived really quickly from coming off the pill last time so hopefully it will be just as easy for you when you're ready this time!

I'd like not be pregnant for my hen party and not feel horrific on my wedding day or have to hide it, but other than that wouldn't mind at all if it happened now.

IJustGotHitByADeer Tue 28-Feb-17 22:12:50

Pumpkin my exam (just the one, thankful) is June 9th. I will be taking my last pill on the evening of June 8th. Thought about coming off earlier but didn't want to be dealing with the withdrawal and trying to pass my exam at the same time. I only work 8 hours a week so once uni's out of the way it's basically 100% project baby smile I'm very lucky to be able to do that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now