Talk

Advanced search

Confused with opk stick

(4 Posts)
littlehelp Mon 06-Feb-17 19:48:45

Just got a positive on opk

However I just suffered a mc on Wed should of been 9 weeks baby measured 6 weeks

I passed sac and still bleeding but surely I shouldn't be ovulating yet

Anna2006 Mon 06-Feb-17 19:58:03

I wouldn't think too much of any positive OPKs at the minute.

Have you taken any pregnancy tests? I was advised to take a test every 3/4 days to confirm once I got a negative.

I got positive OPKs for like 7 days in a row 2 weeks after my mc. I was still getting faint positives on pregnancy tests but thought well I must be ovulating! But I wasn't.

I finally got a negative pregnant test 3 weeks after my mc. (Was 13 weeks so high hormones) an then I ovulated a week later. Felt ovulation pain, took an OPK and was positive. An then my period came 2 weeks later. So 6 weeks after mc my period arrived.

Hope that's a little helpful. As you were 9 weeks your hormones will need time to drop.

littlehelp Mon 06-Feb-17 20:01:54

Thank you for the reply when do the levels start to drop?
Need to buy a test see if I get a negative reading
Xx

homeaway Mon 06-Feb-17 20:04:21

I am do sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I am not an expert but I think that an opk can confuse pregnancy with ovulation as the hormones are similar. You will probably continue to have the pregnancy hormone in your system for a while after the miscarriage. I think pee on a stick website will explain this better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now