Talk

Advanced search

TTC after Depo Provera

(6 Posts)
RustyPaperclip Sat 04-Feb-17 23:31:45

It has now been 1 year and 3 months since my last injection. I had a minuscule amount of bleeding last month. I am having cramps quite often but no sign of a 'proper' period. I've noticed my nipples are quite tender and my breasts feel a little swollen but to be honest I think it might be wishful thinking. A few people I know have unexpectedly become pregnant recently and I am trying to be happy for them but crying inside.

I'm not sure what I am looking for. Maybe advice on how to proceed? I have no idea what I can do to help. I feel annoyed that I chose the injection and now I have no idea if I have fucked up my fertility sad

dementedpixie Sun 05-Feb-17 10:38:52

Have you seen your gp?

Mrshand123 Sun 05-Feb-17 10:55:42

The depo is horrible. My last shot was 5 months ago. I've had nothing except cramps and more cramps. I've spotted twice but that wasn't much the depo really messes with your body last month I thought i ovulated but no it was depo messing around. I wish there was a way to get it out of our systems quickly. You should ring the doctors they see people after a year when been on depo. Sorry for rant x

RustyPaperclip Sun 05-Feb-17 15:36:41

I haven't seen my GP yet, I wasn't sure how long to wait. I will try and book an appointment soon. Thanks for the advice

RustyPaperclip Sun 05-Feb-17 20:21:35

Can anyone explain what my GP will likely do? Is there anything that can be done to 'kickstart' my periods? Sorry for all the questions !

RustyPaperclip Sun 12-Feb-17 23:01:03

Just on the off chance that anyone else is struggling post Depo Provera, I have finally got my period which is a massive relief. Breast and nipple pain has worn off, only downside is that I have a ridiculous amount of spots but I can deal with that! I would never the injection again though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now