Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does this mean ovulation

(7 Posts)
vetchtechno Fri 03-Feb-17 07:30:36

Is likely to happen within the next 12/24 hours?
Husband is working tonight so can only BD tomorrow. Will that mean I have missed it this month?!

Thanks for all your help, appreciate that!

Oh yesterday's was light and today is the darker one.

Mummyme87 Fri 03-Feb-17 08:36:43

Looks like ovulation is pretty imminent . Have you been dtd the last few days? Sperm can hang around for 5days and the egg for 24hrs. Positive OPK normally means ovulation in 12-24hrs so would get on with dtd tomorrow when OH is home.

vetchtechno Fri 03-Feb-17 08:46:53

Thanks mummy yes we BD day 4,6,8,10,13 and 14. Today is CD15.
I just feel that I have missed the chance as ideally should have BD today? I feel so down now

Roseandbee Fri 03-Feb-17 08:47:24

Have you used opks before? I always end up with a very dark test line one day, so that might mean tomorrow for you, your current test is still technically negative. Once you ovulate the egg can also live for around 24hrs so I don't think you've missed your window but you should also aim to dtd before ovulation as I think your best chance is if there's already little sperms sat there impatiently waiting for the egg to turn up. Good luck

Roseandbee Fri 03-Feb-17 08:50:57

Just saw your new post if your only skipping to day you've definitely covered your bases if you also bd tomorrow. And for some people it does some good to leave a gap for the sperms to recouperate, so don't be down!

vetchtechno Fri 03-Feb-17 09:42:34

Thank you for your reassuring post rose
Really hoping it happens for us.

vetchtechno Fri 03-Feb-17 09:50:34

It's the first cycle of using the opks. I started on wednesday when it was whiter than snow! Started picking colours up yesterday and was darker today. So I gathered ovulation is likely to happen anytime now. This TTC lark is so mind stressful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now