Talk

Advanced search

Not ovulating following mc- please help

(23 Posts)
Jess1501 Thu 02-Feb-17 22:12:33

Hi all,
I am wondering if anyone out there can give me some of advice.
I suffered a missed MC in September and underwent an EVAC. Before conceiving my cycles averaged at 38 days, so my cycles have already been on the longer than average side, however since the miscarriage they have been extremely long ... one was 7 weeks long, the others 6 weeks. Iv started using ovulation tests the past couple of months and every single one has been negative. I spoke with my doctor and have had blood tests with the results being 'normal', I don't think my doctor will do anything else until we have tried for a year with no success. Me & my husband are both taking pre-natal vitamins & im also taking 75mg aspirin, but not having any luck. I'm really worried and have started obsessing over it. I'm really hoping someone out there who has maybe been through a similar situation can put my mind at rest and/or give me any advice.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read, any advice would be very much appreciated.
Xxxxxx

KW89 Thu 02-Feb-17 23:11:49

No advice, but you're not alone. I'm in a similar situation.
I miscarried early November. My cycles are 30 days, I've been regular since miscarriage, but nothing showing up on ovulation tests.
Sorry not much help xxxxx

Jess1501 Fri 03-Feb-17 19:08:19

Thank u for sharing KW89, I wouldn't wish this on anyone but it's also nice to know I'm not alone. I wish you all the luck in the world for success soon xxxxx

gingerbubs Fri 03-Feb-17 19:15:32

Sorry for both your losses. I've had several miscarriages and certainly after my first it took a good few months for my period to return, and although I don't know, I assume I probably wasnt ovulating (or at best infrequently) in this time. But I did settle back to my 'normal' after about 5 months. After second miscarriage I conceived quickly without a period and that was my one successful pregnancy. Seems can be hit or miss! Hope things settle down for both of you soon x

gingerbubs Fri 03-Feb-17 19:16:43

Sorry - I know that's a bit different from knowing you're not ovulating, but just to say things took a wee while but did settle down. Best of luck to you both

Jess1501 Fri 03-Feb-17 19:32:48

Thank you so much gingerbubs, that's really reassuring to know it took you about 5 months to get back to normal. I'm coming up to 5 months now so that makes me feel a lot better, thank u xxxx

MouseLove Sat 04-Feb-17 11:43:16

Hey ladies. Just wanted to share my story. I got all negative OPK on my BFP cycle. It's possible you may be ovulating at a time the sticks won't pick it up. Unfortunately I had a mmc and ended naturally yesterday at 9+4 but I wanted to reassure you that you may still be ovulating. A good way to test, is to take your temp with a bb thermometer every morning when you wake. It will show a rise to confirm ovulation. X

Jess1501 Sat 04-Feb-17 13:54:11

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss mouselove, I hope your doing as ok as possible under the circumstances sending you love flowers .. thank you so much for your advice. I have ordered a basil thermometer so I'll definitely start using that each morning. This gives me hope that maybe I am ovulating after all. Thank you again xxx

Booksandmags79 Sat 04-Feb-17 21:47:20

Have you thought about acupuncture? That's really helped me as after my miscarriage my system was a real mess for several months. I'm pretty sure I wasn't ovulating at all either. I've now had two cycles which have been longer, no spotting and a positive ovulation test. Still early days for us but I'm hopeful we can try again properly and have a chance. Really sorry this happened to you ladies, it's a heartbreak x

Jess1501 Sat 04-Feb-17 22:24:03

Thank you for the advice booksandmags and sorry for your loss xx Iv read a bit about acupuncture, but hadn't seriously considered it until now. I'm definitely going to look into it. Thank you again and good luck xxx

Booksandmags79 Sun 05-Feb-17 20:34:23

Just thought to add. I've been having 5 element acupuncture. This isn't the type where they put the needles in and leave you. It's where they actively put the needle in and out of points and is much more interactive - you're not left on your own. I only had one session of the other type and it didn't really do anything. 5 element is a bit more ouchy in my experience, but I've had noticeable results. Just thought I'd flag there's more than one option for when you look into it. Good luck x

Boltoncasey24 Sun 05-Feb-17 20:37:26

This happened to me! I didn't ovulate for 6 months after! No periods for 6 months. All blood tests normal, Turns out i was really stressed then I met my oh and my periods returned again, he must have destressed me somehow x

Jess1501 Sun 05-Feb-17 20:45:44

Thank you booksandmags, Iv found a clinic near me so I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow and get the ball rolling. Thank you so much for the advice xxx
And thank you boltoncasey, i have been really stressed lately and family/friends are all telling me that I need to chill out but it's easier said than done when you start worrying yourself sick! Thank u for sharing your story, hopefully I can stop stressing xxx

Djmarbella Sun 05-Feb-17 20:48:11

How long did you all wait for your period after miscarriage? Im 6 weeks yesterday and still waiting...

Booksandmags79 Sun 05-Feb-17 20:52:22

I'll be keeping everything crossed you feel some benefit. At the very least it should help with feeling stressed, so will be worth it for that alone. Lots of luck xxxx

Booksandmags79 Sun 05-Feb-17 20:57:50

Djmarbella mine was pretty much six weeks later from the start of my miscarriage. It was a fairly early one at 8 weeks which might be relevant I don't know. To be honest for several months it was a right shambles - short cycle, pain, spotting brown and almost definitely not ovulating either. I'd rather it had taken a bit longer and been more normal as I didn't know where I was with it. I think I was unlucky though. Other girls I know didn't seem to have the same issues. Try not to worry I think you're still well within a normal time frame. Just frustrating I know after going through so much already. So sorry you've had to deal with a loss too xxxx

Djmarbella Mon 06-Feb-17 11:43:39

Hiya, doubled over today with the worst cramps. Got tiny bit of pink discharge so might be start of af 😖 Taken panadol and got hot water bottle. Hope the pain doesnt last long!

Booksandmags79 Mon 06-Feb-17 12:50:31

Hope so djmarbella, at least you're on your way again now xxxx

Booksandmags79 Thu 09-Feb-17 18:22:06

How is everyone getting on? I'd just thought I'd pop in and see if everyone was ok x

Jess1501 Thu 09-Feb-17 19:44:01

How thoughtful booksandmags, thank you for asking. I'm still in the same boat. Still waiting for my time of the month so looks like it's going to be another 7+ weeker for me. Pregnancy & ovulation tests still negative. Iv enquired about acupuncture at a local clinic and Iv got prices etc. So I'm looking to book that once I get paid next week. I also got a basil thermometer and I'm going to start using that on my next cycle. Trying to stay positive xxx

Booksandmags79 Thu 09-Feb-17 20:33:37

Fingers crossed the wait is over soon for you. I'm glad you're giving acupuncture a go, I really think that it's helped get me back on track. Positive vibes all round, keep us posted if you can xxxx

Jess1501 Thu 09-Feb-17 20:41:26

Thank you so much for your advice, I am really grateful xxxxx

Jess1501 Mon 17-Apr-17 15:02:29

I just wanted to do an update post, just in case anyone stumbles across this thread and is in the same situation I was. It turns out, that despite 100% negative ovulation tests, I was actually ovulating, and in fact at the time of starting this thread I was pregnant believe it or not! I found out shortly afterwards that I was in the early stages and I'm now 13 weeks, 4 days pregnant. I have been for numerous scans (due to previous MMC) and there is a strong heartbeat and everything looks perfect. So to anyone out there who may stumble across this and be in a similar position, please do not concern yourself with ovulation tests, they are obviously not reliable! Good luck xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now