Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Opk and exact ovulation timing help

(6 Posts)
Roseandbee Thu 02-Feb-17 15:36:11

So yesterday I got a strong positive OPK where my test line was darker. This morning I got another strong positive with FMU where the line was def darker but have just tested now at 3pm & the lines are maybe equal or possibly the test is a bit lighter so would be negative. So do you reckon this means I've ovulated already and my surge is dying down? I'm basically trying to pinpoint my most likely ovulation time. Any ideas appreciated!

fuzzywuzzy Thu 02-Feb-17 15:39:32

I don't think you can pinpoint exactly but dtd on the day of positive test and day after and skip a day then dtd the day after.

Leading up to it I'd also aim for every other day.

AliceThrewTheFookingGlass Thu 02-Feb-17 15:45:24

A positive OPK means you will likely ovulate within 24-48 hours. It doesn't mean that you are ovulating at that moment in time.

Roseandbee Thu 02-Feb-17 15:52:43

Thanks does anyone know if you lh surge only starts to die down when the egg is realesed? Or can it start to die down before the egg is released? Last month I had 3 days of strong positives so I figured I had a 3 day surge length before the egg was actually released

Redpony1 Thu 02-Feb-17 16:11:24

I read somewhere you count the first positive test as the one you assume is peak?

Roseandbee Thu 02-Feb-17 17:08:26

Thanks red, that's what i thought. But I've started using the ovia app & when I said I had a second positive test it shifted all my fertility days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now