Talk

Advanced search

Newbie - Tesco pregnancy test. Am I pregnant?

(19 Posts)
SpwJd Wed 01-Feb-17 20:46:29

Hi.
I'm a newbie to this site so please be nice.
I'm just after a bit of friendly advice /experience with Tesco pregnancy tests.
Basically long story short. We tried to conceive this month.
Got a awful urine infection as a result. Have been on two strong courses of antibiotics and finally feeling better.
Dr tested me for pregnancy at the surgery literally a week after the time we could have conceived and it was a negative.
Due to medical needs etc and me thinking that I can't be pregnancy and me wanting to go back on my meds for a few weeks before we try again I thought I'd test tonight ( without thinking it could actually be positive ) and I'm pretty confused as to whether I'm actually pregnant or not.
The test had one strong line ( in the circle ) and a faint line ( in the square. )
I've not got the instructions for the packet and have googled but it doesn't say anything about a 'faint line'. Just a line or not.
I've got the clear blue fertility monitor but I can't test till my testing window wihich is tomorrow and I'm keen to know ... has anyone else had a similar result and actually been pregnant?
I just thinking that with the negative at the drs , the horrendous urine/kidney infection that I had and the antibiotics, surely the swimmers couldn't have been successful ?
I'm really hoping they were!!
Thanks in advance.

Roseandbee Wed 01-Feb-17 20:52:15

hmm ive got tesco pregnancy test and on my packet it is just saying you need a line in the circle to be pregnant, i know some tests its a cross, but my tesco one is just a line!

FuzzyOwl Wed 01-Feb-17 20:52:44

Completely depends on the test. It could be a control line and then you need two lines in the other box for a positive and one for a negative. You'll have to find the instructions or go back to the supermarket and look up the box for the particular one you used.

marmiteloversunite Wed 01-Feb-17 20:52:48

Did the faint line appear after the minute wait or did it appear after awhile?

FuzzyOwl Wed 01-Feb-17 20:54:56

Google says this is a Tesco pregnancy test that is positive (it's a cross rather than one line) but it will all depend on your specific test.

Letsgetreadytorumbleagain Wed 01-Feb-17 20:58:08

Picture?

SpwJd Wed 01-Feb-17 21:06:53

Hi. Thank you for the replies.
It appeared in the minute following doing it.
Just looked at the box and it does say it's out of date..... march 16 !!the box has the 'pregnant/not pregnant ' picture on but both are strong lines of the same colour! On mine ones stronger than the other.
This picture is probably 15 /20 minutes after I did it . Would it being out of date mean that it Would likely give a false reading .... I've looked on their site and can't see the exact ones that come in the box like I have ....
here is a picture ...

Letsgetreadytorumbleagain Wed 01-Feb-17 21:11:37

Generally speaking - a line is a line - it doesn't matter how strong it is. When is your period due? I would definitely say that is positive

Having said all that - the test being out of date can change things - it could be a false reading. Although I think I've heard that it would be more likely to give a negative. I think you need to get some new tests ASAP!

TheRealCurlySue Wed 01-Feb-17 21:11:51

I would say that's a positive!

TreaterAnita Wed 01-Feb-17 21:13:02

The strength of the lines doesn't matter, provided that there isn't supposed to be a cross in the second window that's a positive. You should probably do another test since it's out of date, but they don't suddenly become sensitive to non-existent HCG so congratulations!

TheRealCurlySue Wed 01-Feb-17 21:13:10

Sorry just read the test was out of date, I would test again to be sure of
The result.

SpwJd Wed 01-Feb-17 21:16:30

I'm due on the 6th Feb.
I just don't feel pregnant. I have two children and both times in the early stages I felt pregnant. Sore boobs. Ridiculous tiredness. Etc but just nothing this time.... think it's too early to get ahead of myself and get excited... I thought given the last few weeks that I've had and the fact I don't feel any different, the fact the dr did a test that was negative and that mine was faint it may not be possible that it would be positive.
I'm thinking I'm going to have to wait till the morning now to do the clear blue monitor and test again in the window. .....

SpwJd Wed 01-Feb-17 21:37:58

I've just read online that you can use the ovulation test strips too see if the hormone is present which can also determine a pregnancy ...
both strong lines ....
Anyone used these before and been correct ... or am I clutching at straws ( or ovulation sticks in my case!)

Roseandbee Wed 01-Feb-17 21:56:13

I do get quite strong lines before my af but not as strong as yours & it def can be a sign. It's all looking super hopeful, I hope you can get to sleep tonight to do you test in the morning!

haveacupoftea Wed 01-Feb-17 22:54:06

Yeah id say youre def pregnant

SpwJd Thu 02-Feb-17 08:20:45

I tested this morning with my clear blue and yep.....pregnant!!!omg!! Can't believe it's happened! So lucky that it's happened when we wanted it to!!

Sending good luck to all those in their wait to test!
smile

choccybiscuit Thu 02-Feb-17 08:23:16

Congratulations!

Roseandbee Thu 02-Feb-17 14:21:26

Aww congrats! Great news, hope the Tesco test is lucky for me too x

SpwJd Thu 02-Feb-17 16:31:32

Thank you. Still can't believe it!! 😱 Good luck !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now