Talk

Advanced search

How do you cope with the disappointment?

(4 Posts)
curlingandtwirling Wed 01-Feb-17 16:11:36

It looks like it's all over for me again this month. I'm 10dpo and have started spotting.

This will now be the third AF since mc. sad Realistically, I need to accept that after 8 years TTC, with only one BFP to show for it, it's time to give up. Then my heart tells me I need to use these last few months to actively do all we can (naturally), before it really is too late. I'm geriatric.

If it happened once, it can happen again, right?

When I got my BFP, I was 8 days late because I just wasn't thinking about it anymore and we had accepted it was never going to happen, then BAM!

I don't want to hit the gin tonight, but I know I will. Plus, I've already ordered opk's ready for the month ahead. My poor DH will be broken!

How do you cope with the disappointment? Does it make you more determined? Do you think positive thinking can help? Am I mad for still hoping?

Spiralnotepad Wed 01-Feb-17 16:20:41

No you aren't mad for still hoping. I really feel for you flowers
when's af due as spotting doesn't mean it's over yet.

curlingandtwirling Wed 01-Feb-17 16:32:51

thanks spiral AF due today or tomorrow, always regular CD27/28, and I always ov on CD16/17 according to opks.

I've been googling implantation bleeding, short luteal phase, even revisiting the actual process of fertilization on numerous websites. I know it's usual to obsess in the 2ww, but I've gone to the extremes this month. We dtd every bloody sodding stinking day. so fed up.

Spiralnotepad Wed 01-Feb-17 16:42:02

Quietly whispering that you are still in with a chance.
It is very demoralising sad but I really hope you get your bfp. Keep faith, stay strong. If af doesn't have by tomorrow, give it a day or two to test, I understand, the waiting is shite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now