Talk

Advanced search

feel like giving up! Have PCOS, metformin not working

(7 Posts)
Ttc321 Wed 01-Feb-17 11:50:55

Feeling so down and fed up with ttc, been trying for nearly 2 years and I'm only 20, have been on metformin for 2 months 1800mg daily.. I know this isn't long but doesn't seem to be helping, my periods are a mess and sometimes I'll have 10-14 day cycles, others 26-32 days. Just feel like I'm getting no where, and feel like just giving up now but i want a family so desperately! I've tried everything from rasberry leaf tea, seven seas, pregnacare, timex. Nothing's working and I get so down every month when I come on my af I'm crying for days. I've had day 21 blood tests for 3 months, am not ovulating still, I am waiting on a letter to see my gyno but it can take up to 6 weeks for just a referral and have already waited 6 weeks just for a letter to say I am able to send it back to them so they can give me an appointment, feel like no one cares and everything takes so long, I have been begging the doctors since last June to help me. Does anyone have any advice of what I could do or possibly try?

YouBoggleMyMind Wed 01-Feb-17 13:43:24

So sorry you're finding it all frustrating. Next steps are fertility clinic and they can give you clomid but I found that metformin didn't make a difference to me and clomid working for at least 2-3 months. Do you use opks and track cervical mucus? This are good things for trying find when ovulation is. You may just be missing it. If the bloods are done on the wrong day it won't show a true result. If you don't mind me asking, what is your bmi as that will also have a baring on pcos.

YouBoggleMyMind Wed 01-Feb-17 13:44:08

PCOS, Periods, Provera & Pals. Plus All The Bits In between.
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2791363-PCOS-Periods-Provera-Pals-Plus-All-The-Bits-In-between

This is a great thread for support too if you'd like to join

Ttc321 Wed 01-Feb-17 15:48:37

Youbogglemymind, yes I do use opks and track cm, but for some reason I constantly get positive opks and it just leads to false hope, something to do with my PCOS, and also I'm always getting lots of fertile cm even when I'm not due to ovulate so that's also an issue for me! It's so hard I don't know what else to try, I've tried temping also but I find it really difficult to track because I can't seem to see any kind of dips or anything. Thanks for your advice!

Ttc321 Wed 01-Feb-17 15:50:09

and sorry to further your message I am 5"8 and am just under 10 stone.

Ttc321 Wed 01-Feb-17 15:54:35

Not considered over weight, am pretty healthy and think I'm in proportion, i very rarely drink alchohol and I don't smoke, I don't know what else to do. Was going to try pre seed lubricant as that's just about the only thing I haven't tried yet. Did you say you took metformin? I really hope when I see a gyno they are able to prescribe clomid, and if that don't work I guess I'm going to look into IVF which was ultimately my last option

YouBoggleMyMind Wed 01-Feb-17 16:59:56

Yes I've been taking metformin for almost a year now. Before then clomid had no effect what so ever and as soon as I'd had metformin in my body a few months, clomid worked, too well in some cases and I had to abandon the cycle due to the risk of multiples. The one cycle that went perfectly ended in an early miscarriage in October. I then had a cycle with no response, and cycle with over response (abandoned) and another perfect cycle that's just failed. I've got one clomid cycle left and then it's IVF.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now