Talk

Advanced search

Waiting to try

(4 Posts)
user1481811449 Wed 01-Feb-17 10:37:32

Hi Guys smile
So , am a lurker , I love coming on here and reading about everything . am 24 and I've always wanted to be a mummy but finance has been the problem . my boyfriend and I recently decided that we are going to start seriously saving some monies for the next 1.5 -2 years and hopefully start trying for a little one end of 2018 or start of 2019 . Now, to many that many not sound too far but it feels like eternity to me . my question is , do you have any tips or things to do that made the " waiting to try " period be less unbearable , Thank you in advance !

Roseandbee Wed 01-Feb-17 20:32:31

Well tip number one would probably be to stay off mumsnet:-/ as really the best thing to do would be to try not to think about it. Mumsnet will probably make the wait seem longer. You could certainly take this time to make any lifestyle changes you may think would be beneficial, you've mentioned already your saving up. If your overweight or smoke then sorting those out in advance is a good idea, also bear in mind depending on what type of contraception you use you may want to plan when to stop that as some take a while to sort of get out of your system before you ttc.

busyrascal Wed 01-Feb-17 20:38:15

Just a thought but are you sure that you need to wait? Many friends of mine think that they don't have enough money to have a child yet, when they earn at least double what we do. They just have a very idealised view of what 'providing for a child' entails. You don't need a top-of-the-range buggy, expensive holidays or baby swimming lessons. Despite what social media might tell you, it's possible to not spend a fortune!

Caterina99 Thu 02-Feb-17 20:33:16

I came off the pill and tracked my cycles for about 6 months before we started actively ttc my dc1. Got pregnant the second cycle and I think that probably helped. Obviously lots of people do get pregnant immediately after coming off bc but it also can take months for your body to get back to normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now