Talk

Advanced search

Newbie to conception/ovualtion/pregnancy - help with dates, please

(13 Posts)
Sapphire1983 Tue 31-Jan-17 13:49:56

Hi,

I stopped taking the Pill in December and had 1 'natural' AF from January 7th after 28 days. I then used CB ovulation sticks from day 8 of cycle - I had the following: day 8 - blank circle, day 9 - blank circle, day 10 and 11 - fixed smiley. DH and I DTD on days 8, 10 and then day 15(!).

I have had positive HPT results since Friday 27th and am attaching a photo of the FRER I took yesterday. My question is, can I be sure/more clear as to when I ovulated and conceived to work out dates? As I've only has one natural cycle, I can't be sure how long my cycle is normally (which doesn't help) and not sure when I should be doing a digital. It will be 28 days since the beginning of my last AF on 3rd Feb, but I must have ovulated quite early?

I know that, if things go smoothly, I've been a very lucky woman indeed. Thank you very much for any advice in advance. smile xx

Sapphire1983 Tue 31-Jan-17 14:18:07

Any ideas, lovely people? Do hope I've explained myself clearly enough... blush xx

delilahbucket Tue 31-Jan-17 14:27:14

I would guess you ovulated either day 11 or 12 (the second fixed smiley should be ignored as it shows automatically). Assuming a normal luteal phase AF would have been due on day 25 or 26. You may even have ovulated on day 10 as I get a fixed smiley the day I ovulate.

delilahbucket Tue 31-Jan-17 14:27:39

Congratulations by the way smile

Sapphire1983 Tue 31-Jan-17 14:28:42

Thanks so much, Delilah! That's really helpful xx

Sapphire1983 Tue 31-Jan-17 14:29:14

Thank you smile xx

Redpony1 Tue 31-Jan-17 14:30:22

That's a very clear positive, congrats! I'm still await AF after stopping pill beginning of Dec sad

Redpony1 Tue 31-Jan-17 14:30:33

*awaiting

Sapphire1983 Tue 31-Jan-17 14:33:22

Thank you, Red. Try not to worry too much - apparently, it's very normal for it to take a few months for your body to get back into its' natural cycle. Lots of folks on the conception pages have experienced this, it seems. Fingers crossed for you and sending baby dust xx

StrawberryShortcake32 Tue 31-Jan-17 14:51:05

I would download an app if you have a smartphone. You can input your time of the months in there and it tells you when your fertile days are. Took us 4 months to conceive DS using it. The one I had was called 'period and ovulation tracker'

Sapphire1983 Wed 01-Feb-17 09:42:48

Well, using Delilah's working out AF would have been due yesterday, so I went ahead with a CB digital HPT this morning. 😊 Just thrilled. The test instructions say that the doctor would date a '2-3 weeks pregnant' as 4-5 weeks pregnant. Any advice as to when I need to contact my doctor? Thanks, Saph xx

TheLegendOfBeans Wed 01-Feb-17 09:49:20

Congrats and I'm hoping some of your baby dust rubs off on me 😉

Go to the website of your local hospital and search for "Maternity Services". My (archaic) local hospital has a form online that can be filled in and emailed back.

The next communication you should hear is the date of your booking in appointment and the date for the 12w scan. These will come from the hospital and the GP.

Sapphire1983 Wed 01-Feb-17 10:23:14

Thanks very much, Legend. All the baby dust coming your way xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now