Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

laparoscopy

(21 Posts)
gerygirl Mon 28-Jun-04 15:52:09

Hello girls!!
I am from Bulgaria and just learned about this forum.

I am going to have laparoscopy next week as my right tube is blocked /i do not know whether it is correct to say it this way/.

Please tell me how many of you had got pregnant after a laparoscopy?

Thanks!!

gothicmama Mon 28-Jun-04 15:55:46

Good luck for next week I got pg after a laparoscopy

webmum Tue 29-Jun-04 14:44:19

I did after 2 months

lou33 Tue 29-Jun-04 15:17:20

I did after a month.

malinki Tue 29-Jun-04 15:55:09

I got pregnant after 2 months, ttc # 2 now!!!
G O O D L U C K !!! [GRIN]

thirtysomething Thu 01-Jul-04 23:51:50

I did within one cycle (i.e. didn't have a period after the lap) Good luck!

islandgirl Thu 01-Jul-04 23:58:47

yes - it did take a while, but we got there. Good luck!

kiwicath Fri 02-Jul-04 23:01:28

Had 3 months of healing with coil fitted, 4th month couldn't get it together (if you know what I mean), 5th month - BINGO!!!!. Best of luck - many, many success stories out there.

gerygirl Sun 11-Jul-04 11:41:51

Hey girls, I had the laparoscopy on Friday.

Everything is ok with me. The doctors had not done anything. The tubes are ok.

I AM VERY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!

webmum Sun 11-Jul-04 15:07:41

that's really good news, good for you!!

(good luck with conception now )

Turtle35 Tue 13-Jul-04 16:46:20

I had been trying to get pregnant for over a year, had a laparoscopy in December and got pregnant in February. I think it actually helped me! Good luck [smile}

dizzy36 Fri 29-Apr-05 13:58:25

just been reading this thread and given me a bit of hope. As i have only just found out about blocked tube is anyone able to tell me exactly what a laparoscopy involves. Dr said if an x-ray confirms damage then a lap is done to remove the damaged tube there was no mention of unblocking or what would happen to the ovary and I didn't think to ask. If any of the ladies who have been on here got pg after having tubal damage I would appreciate your comments - did you have 1 or both tubes blocked, did drs remove the damaged tube or unblock to enable you to get pg after the procedure.

ChaCha Fri 29-Apr-05 17:25:06

Am pregnant after second laparoscopy - conceived about 3 months after

dizzy36 Fri 29-Apr-05 21:13:36

thanks chacha, was your lap due to tubal damage and if so were both damaged or just the one. I've read that if one is damaged the other is likely to be as well, would you know if this is true?

jambo1707 Fri 29-Apr-05 21:50:43

I also went on to have 2 pregnancies

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Flumpette Sat 30-Apr-05 04:05:38

Hi. They found I have issues but I had IVF and have a 13 month old boy. I am now going through cycle again.

ChaCha Sat 30-Apr-05 12:33:45

Am not much help Dizzy - sorry my lap was to diagnose and treat the ENDO at the same time. My second one was to remove an ovarian cyst. My tubes were fine but my womb was slightly tilted and that was rectified...oh i feel funny talking about this now...can't believe had all that done! Yikes!

Well, i am proof that there's light at the end of the tunnel...well i hope so anyway

jodee Sat 30-Apr-05 12:58:00

I fell pg in second cycle after lap and dye, no blockage as such found but was told the 'chimney sweep' probably helped!

dizzy36 Sat 30-Apr-05 13:25:03

can I ask what prompted drs to refer all of you for a lap. I had an internal ultrasound which showed a 'shadow' near my tube.

Flumpette Tue 03-May-05 10:01:49

I lied and said I'd been trying longer than I really had, so he referred me. Thank God I did.

ChaCha Wed 04-May-05 11:53:55

I had a painful experience, fell to the floor with pain, cold sweats and felt like a knife was being twisted inside me..was quite horrible. It was then after being taken to A&E that my doctor referred me to a private obs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now