Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Big fat line disappeared instantly...

(13 Posts)
PegLegAntoine Mon 30-Jan-17 19:29:43

Granted it may be a little early anyway, so I'm testing in a few days regardless unless my period does appear (slightly irregular so not sure of dates).

But a huge line appeared in the result window very quickly - so there's me thinking OMG (as that happened with DC1, I was still mid-pee when the positive result appeared).

But once the control line appeared the other one disappeared. Is that normal?!

Newtoday Mon 30-Jan-17 20:36:35

Bump! Seems strange! Have you googled?

PegLegAntoine Mon 30-Jan-17 22:17:04

I did but most of what I can see relates to them disappearing after an hour or whatever.

I did however realise that there was more info on the back of the leaflet blush and that says "splashing the result windows [yuck] or applying too much or too little urine" can change it. Now I definitely did errr splash a bit (shoddy aim clearly blush) - some did get on the window. But I don't see how that can change it when surely the test paper itself is under plastic hmm confused

PegLegAntoine Mon 30-Jan-17 22:48:39

Basically it felt like I'd washed it away - as it really was SUCH a strong line at first, stronger even than the control line - but I know that's not really possible!

Ah well I will test in a few days. Using a pot this time!

HungryHorace Tue 31-Jan-17 06:17:10

Are you literally pissing on the stick? If so, don't. Find a wee receptacle (I used a tealight holder!) and wee into that. Then dunk the test into it. Far less likely to flood / damage the test using the dunking method.

Bettyisacat Tue 31-Jan-17 06:21:26

I tested with an IC two days before AF was due and got what appeared to be a faint positive, which then turned negative. So it didn't really give me an answer either way. Maybe pee in a little container as OP said and dip, and also wait another day or two to test? Good luck!x

Motherfuckers Tue 31-Jan-17 06:27:00

Would that not just be due to flooding the test stick?

ImBreakingBad Tue 31-Jan-17 20:24:16

I've just had exactly the same. I'm 10dpo and dipped mine. Sat looking with a big grin then it disappeared sad.

PegLegAntoine Tue 31-Jan-17 20:30:32

Thanks all. Think it was just shoddy aim TBH blush I just find it weird that it can affect the test when it's sealed?!

I think when it first got wet it was just the end and it was positive. I made the mistake of moving it to check I had got it wet. I much preferred the type I used in my first pregnancies where the end turned pink when it got wet, sooo much clearer (I've got cheapie Boots ones)

Anyway I'm going to wait a couple more days - I am a bit late now, but then may not be as my cycle has been messed up lately, so I don't want to waste another test. And I'll definitely dip instead. Finally, a use for a ramekin.

PegLegAntoine Fri 03-Feb-17 15:29:35

Oh well. Tested properly and definitely a BFN. Not sure what's going on as late, feel really sick. Bit sad TBH

Newtoday Fri 03-Feb-17 16:11:59

Sorry to hear that! How late is your period?

PegLegAntoine Fri 03-Feb-17 16:28:39

Thank you thanks

Around 5 days late, even allowing for the fact my cycle has been a bit longer lately. Trying to get GP appt as the only other thing other than pregnancy that has stopped my periods before is a UTI and that would explain feeling so sick too

PegLegAntoine Sun 05-Feb-17 16:33:12

Well, AF arrived in style today hmm so... yeah. Not pregnant. For the best really but gutted regardless.

Keeping GP appt though, in case I do have a UTI or something. This cycle was 38 days. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now