Talk

Advanced search

Cramping?

(7 Posts)
Bubblegum89 Mon 30-Jan-17 17:46:07

My period isn't due until 10th Feb but I've been getting mild af type cramps since yesterday. I've never got cramping mid-cycle before and I've been having periods for a long time lol I'm only 5dpo though so I know that it's far too early to be a pregnancy symptom. I have very regular 28 day cycles and ovulate on cd15. What are the chances af will show up almost two weeks early? And if it's not af, what could it be?

Dolwar Tue 31-Jan-17 18:38:17

Gastroenteritis? Constipation?

Mangoonmyshoulder Tue 31-Jan-17 18:42:15

Trapped wind?

Tattybogle89 Tue 31-Jan-17 21:55:33

Hi. I'm around 5dpo..i think. And today I'm cramping. Like a stitch type sensation near my hips, then inside my lower back and it keeps swapping sides. I never get this . I too have a 28 day cycle. Have never used opks. But according to my CM I ovulate around day 13-14. I'm convincing myself too. Prob just end in heartache tho when AF arrives. Hope its good news for us both x

Bubblegum89 Tue 31-Jan-17 23:57:31

Not gastro or trapped wind (on the rare occasion I get trapped wind, it's an absolute killer!) I'm not constipated either. It's really bugging me as I've never had it before and I'm a total control freak that must know what's going on with my body like, every second lol

tatty I have had sharp pains in my ovary area also although I already ovulated (I get very short, mild ov pain at the time, lasts for no more than a couple of hours) but although they seem to have been in my left ovary, the pain has been on my right a couple of times too. The cramping has stopped now anyway so it was probably nothing. But good luck to you, hope you get your bfp flowers x

ArchiesMamaBird Wed 01-Feb-17 11:52:02

I usually get mild cramping on and off for a week before AF, but I also had it a week before my bfp with DS. However, 5dpo might be a bit early, as the egg doesn't implant until 7-10dpo. But fx it's a positive sign for you smile

Alibaba2 Wed 01-Feb-17 18:38:06

Hello, I get all sorts of cramping. I never know what's causing it. But there is a second oestrogen surge around cd21 where the ovaries wake up again. It could be that or implantation. Hope it's the latter smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now