Talk

Advanced search

Late period and two BFN!

(4 Posts)
Fruitcocktail6 Mon 30-Jan-17 11:37:05

Hello,

I am now on day 36 of what is usual a 30 day cycle, none of the usual signs of my period at all! No spots, no pain, not emotional, no spotting.

I am 16 days past ovulation. I did a test yesterday and a test this morning using FMU. Both negative.

I had a mc at the end of November, but had a normal period in December and a normal ovulation this month.

I'm desperately hoping for a positive but i don't want to get my hopes up. We were trying for a long time before my pregnancy in November.

Any ideas or similar situations??

MrsCharlieD Mon 30-Jan-17 12:50:49

I have been in that situation but as I wasn't tracking ovulation I assumed I'd not ovulated that cycle. It went on to last 49days! If you're sure you ovulated then it could be it's just too early, some women don't get their bfp straight away. Which tests are you using? Are you using fmu? Hope you get some answers soon.

Fruitcocktail6 Mon 30-Jan-17 13:32:10

I use the ovulation strips and I got a positive at the usual time of the month, around 14 days after my period. 16 days past ovulation seems long enough to get a positive, it's so frustrating!

I use the one step strip tests, I got my first ever bfp with them and I'm confident in them, I use the same brand ovulation tests.

This has happened once before, but it was only a few months after I came off the pill so my hormones were all over the place.

SheepyFun Mon 30-Jan-17 13:38:12

When we were ttc, I had one period a whole week late. Also had a BFN, so no idea why. I wasn't tracking ovulation at that point, so don't know when that occurred. When I did get a BFP, I was only 2 days late, but the test was unmistakable, so don't get your hopes up - sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now