Talk

Advanced search

TTC post miscarriage

(7 Posts)
EmmaJade25 Mon 30-Jan-17 08:59:43

Any one else TTC post miscarriage? I'm already dreading finding out I am pregnant in a way - in fear the same will happen again. We're only on month 1 but we tend to fall quickly

ChocolateRaisin Mon 30-Jan-17 11:47:30

Hi, I am TTC post miscarriage. I had a miscarriage in June last year, had a few months of not trying at all, a few months of half hearted attempts and then a few months of not trying at all after I realised that I really wasn't ready yet.

I am now planning to start TTC in Feb, as my best friend has recently found out she is pregnant, it has made me realise that it is really what I want too.

I am on the one hand desperate to get pregnant and on the other absolutely petrified. I think any pregnancy is worrying, but once you have had a miscarriage(s) it takes the joy out of it a bit.

I know how you are feeling flowers

DorisCyril Mon 30-Jan-17 12:18:49

Hi, so sorry for what you're going through.
I miscarried in Early July on a completely unplanned pregnancy but the whole experience really got to me, I had no idea how much I wanted that pregnancy until I knew I couldn't have it.
My sister in law has a still born on Father's Day 2015, her DD was born at 32 weeks and weighed 5lb, so as a result of my pregnancy we kept the whole situation quiet due to her still being absolutely heartbroken. She is also TTC and struggling so if she knew I fell so quickly and without trying I would have broke her heart even further. Keeping it quiet made me feel terrible that my baby was never even known about.
Now I'm actively TTC, still having to keep quiet cause Sister in law still hasn't fallen, and absolutely petrified that I may misscarry again. I suppose it's only human to worry, I just wondered if anyone else was in the same or similar situation.
Without being morbid it's good to feel like I'm not alone in this.
Sorry for change of username it's still me

AnneLovesGilbert Mon 30-Jan-17 12:26:17

So sorry for your losses EmmaJade, Doris and Chocolate, head over to the thread on exactly this, such a lovely bunch of women who can really relate x

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2801459-TTC-after-miscarriage-thread-7

DorisCyril Mon 30-Jan-17 12:46:11

Thanks anne
Have commented and joined the thread x

Saz444 Mon 30-Jan-17 15:05:20

Hi, I am trying to conceive post miscarriage. I lost my first baby in September. Have been trying to conceive again ever since and have just been prescribed Clomid to help with ovulation. Hoping AF will come in a few days and I can start this. The closer it gets to my babies due date the more panicked I become about not being pregnant again yet sad

WhatsForDinnerMummy Mon 30-Jan-17 16:38:37

Saz try not to panic too much - easier said then done I know.
A loss is heartbreaking, your baby will come. Sending best wishes and positive vibes x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now