Talk

Advanced search

TTC #2 while breastfeeding

(8 Posts)
user1485703469 Sun 29-Jan-17 20:42:38

We have just started ttc for our second, our first baby is 6 months and exclusively breast fed.

Expecting it will probably be a long while before I conceive, but wondered if anyone else has experience of this and how it went for you?

Soozikinzi Sun 29-Jan-17 21:29:17

There's 13 months between two of my sons and they were all exclusively breast fed so yes must have conceived at 4 months

BabyMakingAgain Tue 07-Mar-17 09:53:03

I desperately want another baby. DC1 is 16 months now, only feeds for 10-15 mins before bed and it's been like this for several months now and my periods still haven't returned. I never went back on the pill after having him, so technically we've been ttc from day one, although when he was tiny the sex was infrequent to say the least(!)

I am so torn between wanting my baby to be happy and wanting to stop bf-ing so my body can get back to normal. It's making me so sad. I love feeding him, just really wish I could have the best of both worlds, but sadly my body doesn't agree.

Soozikinzi did your periods return before 4 months then or did you conceive without a period (I have heard of this happening, just not sure how likely it is!)

Charlie9S Thu 16-Mar-17 17:39:11

TTC #2 and still bfing #1. He's nearly 10 months. I was on the pill until he was 5.5 months. Periods came back in 39 day cycles so far since coming off the pill. (Used to be 27 before pregnancy) I seem to try and ovulate twice with opks being positive 14 ish days in then again around day 30. Which i guess means although all signs are there and opk is definitely positive i might not be quite ovulating so my body tries again two weeks later. Feel so lucky with #1 but really want to grow our family getting a bit stressed now. #1 still feeds quite a lot. Probably 6 x in 24 hrs. Was down to 4 but varies. I'm taking conception vits plus b vitamin complex 50. Any advice welcome! Baby dust to all x

MieMoosMummy Mon 20-Mar-17 18:45:40

TTC#2 and still breastfeeding #1 at 21 months. Luckily my periods started again at roughly 6 months! Dd still feeds at least 3-4 times a day and through the night, neither of us are ready to give up yet!!
Good luck everyone xx

glitterglitters Mon 20-Mar-17 18:47:38

I'm 25 weeks pg with dd2 and conceived whilst still bfing my dd1. She was 18 months but still feeding pretty frequently and in the nighty. She has since weaned though. My af came back at about 10 months.

DappledThings Mon 20-Mar-17 19:15:35

Went from 2 bfs a day to 1 4 days ago, DS is 13 months. Been TTC#2 for one cycle, had 6 periods but all different length cycles.

Currently on CD26 and not sure what the deal is. Last cycle was only 22 days. Did a FRER his morning and got BFN. But later on had tiniest bit of blood so assumed I was out for this month. But that was about 7 hours ago and no more.

Trying not to get my hopes up that it was a tiny implantation bleed! DS took 2 years to conceive, hoping for a little more luck this time

Chattycat78 Mon 20-Mar-17 19:57:47

I had this issue. Sadly my periods didn't come back until I dropped every single feed. My period returned 4 weeks later and I got pregnant on the next cycle. Unfortunately some people just can't get pregnant whilst feeding. Your clue will be getting your period back (or not).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now