Talk

Advanced search

Started IVF - most painful period ever - has anyone else found this?!

(3 Posts)
Nelli30 Mon 26-Feb-07 08:55:20

Hi there everyone.
I started my treatment cycle on 13th Feb, I am using the nasal spray at the moment and have been waiting for my 'normal' period before I can start the injections. I do normally get some pain but not this bad. I haven't rung the clinic yet, i thought i'd see if this has happened to anyone else on here first. I was up for 4/5 hours last night with excruiciating pain which had me in tears. I'm now at work and it has settled a bit but is still there, I almost draw a line right across my tummy. Also (too much info I know) the content of my period is not normal - its not fresh if you know what I mean, sorry to be so gross but I am a bit concerned. Has this normal when going through the treatment?!

TenaLady Mon 26-Feb-07 11:42:33

Hi there Nelli, Ive been through treatment 3 times and I dont recognise your symptoms.

I wouldnt hold the nasal spray accountable though. Just get in touch with the doctor and have a check up, it will probably be something totally unrelated.

Good luck and sorry nobody was about earlier to reply.

LatenightOwl Tue 27-Feb-07 23:09:55

Hi Nelli
sorry to hear all of this - was hoping you were going smoothly....I agree with Tenalady and think you need to speak with the clinic asap. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I have never done the nasal sprays so cant say but when Ive taken the injections AF was just a little heavier than normal after the 2ww. Fingers crossed for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now