Talk

Advanced search

Preg on Mirena?

(10 Posts)
Lovethesea1 Sun 29-Jan-17 07:27:06

Hi just after advice really! I'm getting faint positives but also have the mirena coil in place! Anyone else experience this.? Will be speaking to doctor tomorrow. Hope this is right place for this! Thanks in advance

Lovethesea1 Sun 29-Jan-17 07:29:25

Hi just after some advice really. I'm getting faint positives but also have the mirena coil in place . Will be speaking to doctor in morning but wondered if anyone else has experienced positive test results with the coil? Thanks

JC23 Sun 29-Jan-17 07:41:02

Hi OP I am currently pregnant with a Mirena! It's an ectopic pregnancy however which I am having treatment for. Its incredibly rare to get pregnant but it can happen. Go to your doctor asap and get referred for an ultrasound to find out what's going on.

Lovethesea1 Sun 29-Jan-17 08:03:40

Wow sorry to hear that!!! Thanks for advice ! Currently feeling well but when did you know it was eptopic?

EdenX Sun 29-Jan-17 08:39:17

This happened to a friend of mine and it was also ectopic - she ended up losing a fallopian tube so do get checked out quickly.

JC23 Sun 29-Jan-17 08:47:16

I had an ultrasound to locate my Mirena after some unusual bleeding and the strings disappearing and that's when they found it. I didn't know I was pregnant.
Your GP will probably treat your pregnancy as ectopic until proven otherwise.

JC23 Tue 31-Jan-17 23:48:03

Have you had an ultrasound yet OP?

Lovethesea1 Wed 01-Feb-17 18:52:19

Blood test was done.....negative !!!!!!! Phew!!!!!!!!! And mirena still in place

notabee Wed 01-Feb-17 18:59:46

Phew!
I've only just found out that after 5 years you can't use it as contraception!
Id foolishly assumed it would then be like the regular coil.

JC23 Wed 01-Feb-17 23:36:54

That's a relief OP! smile

notabee
Eh? Mirena is one of the most effective contraceptives there is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now