Anyone else starting the TWW

(481 Posts)
HopingForALittleOne Sat 28-Jan-17 18:52:41

Hello I'm just starting the TWW - test date 12th Feb anyone else want to join me to get through the two weeks together?

Feeling ok today but I'm the most impatient person ever ( i cried when my surge came two days late) so would be great to share the pain of waiting with others/ not look for signs of pregnancy and encourage each other to wait peeing on stick for as long as possible
smile
Xxx

Foggymist Sat 28-Jan-17 19:18:03

Hey, my test date is the 12th too! smile

NotADaffodil Sat 28-Jan-17 19:51:49

Yes please! Test date is the 11th for me

Trying to relax and not to think about it but it's so hard!

ImBreakingBad Sat 28-Jan-17 20:01:39

I've 8 days to go. Feel your pain!! I'm the biggest symptom spotter too which makes it all the worse grin

Tattybogle89 Sat 28-Jan-17 20:34:13

My test date will be around 10th/11th Feb. Only second month of trying and haven't used OPKs yet.. Going by an ovulation prediction website but they all say diff days! Just hoping for the best. Got upset last month after doing 3 negative tests. What a donut. Only my first month then.. Yet inhad convinced myself I was pregnant..
I think our bodies play tricks. I had a whole bunch of non imagined symptoms .. Sore boobs, nausea, sore nipples, bloating, spotting. And I all was nothing!? What the actual hell lol. I never have symptoms like that on a normal cycle. Our bodys like to take the piss lol

HopingForALittleOne Sat 28-Jan-17 22:00:28

Yay great to have some friends to go through this with!

I've already been reading websites on what the early signs of pregnancy are lol not that I'll be desperately looking for these signs or anything.

Gosh I hope these two weeks go quickly! Have anyone lined up things to do to pass the time? My problem is most of my friends don't know I'm trying so when I'm suggesting meeting up they want to meet for a drink!

Also slightly random but anyone else eating pineapple over the next few days? I ate my first portion today and it took me back to kids parties I had/went to when I was a child and they used to have pineapple and cheese on cocktail sticks all stuck on half a melon wrapped in tin foil. Don't really see that these days... if I get pregnant and have a baby shower I Am so having them at it lol x

HopingForALittleOne Sat 28-Jan-17 22:02:56

tatty I'm on three ovulation apps and they all are roughly the same give or take a day or two. I also poas as it gets close to ovulation. I was on pins this month waiting to see the surge!

Sorry to hear about previous BFNs wishing us all lots of luck this month (sprinkling baby dust everywhere )

Tattybogle89 Sat 28-Jan-17 23:07:42

Ooh what's with the eating pineapple thing am I missing something!? Or do you just fancy it smile I dont think its possible not to symptom spot.. I'm just worried I miss my ovulation. App says it was yesterday but just getting ewcm now.. Hmmm. Totally not in the mood for sex. Too sleepy! X

Foggymist Sat 28-Jan-17 23:25:47

You can meet your friends for a drink, why not?! Do, it'll be good to take your mind off it.

I've no plans for passing the time, I'm just going to wait patiently. In October we had an accidental TWW and it drove me insane, I completely took leave of my senses and was testing from 3dpo,we dtd on ovulation day according to Ovia. And as I got a bfp the day my period was due with my first pregnancy I think I thought I have super fast conception skills or something. So I'm going to just wait now!

HopingForALittleOne Sat 28-Jan-17 23:53:49

foggy yep happy to meet with them as I agree will take my mind off TWW but I don't want to drink during TWW and as they don't know I'm TTC I'm thinking of what I say if I just have water or juice ( I'm also not drinking coke as avoiding caffeine ) just wondered if any else in this pickle and how to get round it ?

HopingForALittleOne Sat 28-Jan-17 23:58:39

tatty apparently there is an enzyme in a pineapple ( especially in its core) that may help with implantation period. There is quite a lot of stuff on Internet about it as you should only eat it for a short period after ovulation otherwise negative impact on pregnancy.

Not sure how the scientific evidence stacks up on it but I thought can't hurt to try so I bought one pineapple and cut up into five sections and eating one a day and then that's it.

I'm also wearing double socks as another old wives tale is to keep feet warm - anyone else doing anything because they have heard it could help? Xxx

Foggymist Sun 29-Jan-17 00:45:26

The best way to hide not drinking is to say nothing. If you order water or juice they'll think you're pregnant. Either get there first and order something that looks like alcohol (non alcoholic cocktail, lemonade served like vodka & lemonade etc) or get a drink and nurse it for the evening, drawing attention to it makes it suspicious. Either that or drive there if possible. I hid pregnancy for ages doing these!

HopingForALittleOne Sun 29-Jan-17 01:09:51

foggy thanks for tips I love driving one and will save that for weekend meet ups. I'll aim to get the first and order perhaps a non alcohol cocktail ? Feel better now with plan smile

Tattybogle89 Sun 29-Jan-17 07:51:04

Ooh I'm def buying a pineapple! Thanks for that. Haven't heard the socks one either! And I thought I was obsessive about this.. Theres loads I dont know 😁 how old is everyone and how many kids do you have and how long have you all been trying? I'm 28 1 child 2nd month of trying x

Foggymist Sun 29-Jan-17 10:09:15

I'm 31, have one child and first month of ttc. Got pregnant first month last time so have unrealistic expectations!

HopingForALittleOne Sun 29-Jan-17 11:00:54

I'm 34 trying for number 1 cycle 1. Good to hear you have been through this before you can tell me off when I start to obsess in the next week or two. Haha I'm trying to manage expectations unlikely to happen on first go but I'm still excited xx

NotADaffodil Sun 29-Jan-17 11:08:26

I'm 36, no children yet and TTC for 4 months

I'm trying hard to stay relaxed during the TWW, work is so busy which is keeping my mind off it but very stressful too so I'm making sure I go and sit in a quiet room every so often just to try breathe!

Tatty I agree that our bodies play tricks! A couple of months ago I was certain I was pregnant as I had a load of 'symptoms' (sore boobs, went off booze, heart fluttering, ravenous, sleeping patterns went weird, just felt generally odd), was gutted when I got a BFN so this time I'm trying hard not to symptom spot

hoping I'm also doing the pineapple and keeping feet warm! Even if there's no truth in it The control freak in me feels better that I'm actually doing something! grin

A friend of mine would sneakily order soda water with a dash of apple juice in a champagne flute, it looked just like the prosecco she usually drank so we had no idea!

Tattybogle89 Sun 29-Jan-17 12:51:13

foggymist hoping I am the same, conceived first shot with my child and thought there was something wrong with me when it didn't happen again! Like..what do you mean I have to KEEP trying!? Lol. I will be symptom spotting notadaffodil .. I just know i won't be able to help it.

How often are you all DTD around ovualtion time? Paranoid I'm going to get the timing wrong.. Looking for reasons why it didn't work out last month... X

HopingForALittleOne Sun 29-Jan-17 20:14:15

dafodil yes I agree pineapple/socks at least make me feel like I'm doing something helpful.

Haha I being so much more precious than normal ( not wanting my dog to trample on my stomach or my cat lie down on it or wonder how much I can carry) then laughed at myself as a lot of women wouldn't know they have conceived at this point ( or have another child and don't have luxury of still, calm peace) and would just carry on as usual.
So I'm more or less over being precious lol x

MrsCharlieD Sun 29-Jan-17 20:50:12

I'm 7dpo and going out of my mind! I'm going you Ireland on Wednesday for work so will probably test Wednesday morning at 10dpo. If bfn won't be testing until Saturday if AF hasn't shown by then. This is cycle 8 of ttc dc2. Ds took 4 years ttc but we weren't properly ttc during that time as I wasn't tracking ovulation or anything.

HopingForALittleOne Sun 29-Jan-17 22:29:11

Fingers crossed mrscharlie for a lovely little sticky bean. Xx

dangle90 Mon 30-Jan-17 15:17:53

Hey ladies! Hope I can join!
Ttc#1
cycle2
CD22! Don't really know when I ovulated 100% only using apps, but due to test on the 6th Feb!
Sick of counting down days already haha! Had AF like cramps today which is weird as it's way too early! X

Tattybogle89 Mon 30-Jan-17 16:17:09

Hey dangle. Im on cycle 2 of trying aswell .

On another note..i Think I may have b.v sad bet thats me out this month. I've heard it hinders conception and even implantation... Any ideas x

dangle90 Mon 30-Jan-17 16:35:32

Thanks Tatty, what's b.v??

Bubblegum89 Mon 30-Jan-17 16:38:46

Hey, mind if I join? Af is due in 12 days. I'm on 5dpo and getting weird symptoms but not getting my hopes up just yet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now