Talk

Advanced search

Clearblue Fertility Monitor - High Oestrogen for 14 days, but no LH surge

(6 Posts)
Catra Sat 28-Jan-17 14:56:12

DH and I have just started TTC no . 1 and I'm using the Clearblue Fertility Monitor which is supposed to be 99% accurate at predicting ovulation.

It prompted me to start testing from day 6 of my cycle (I'm new to this, so don't know all the acronyms, sorry) and it detected high oestrogen straight away, which surprised me so early on in my cycle. I'm now on day 20 and it's shown high oestrogen every single day, but hasn't detected an LH surge, which seems to suggest I'm not ovulating.

I've had a period (or a bleed at least) every single month - it used to be every 28 days, but the last few months it's been between 23 and 26 days.

Has anyone else experienced high oestrogen for this long, but no LH surge? Any ideas what it could mean?

I'm almost 38 and DH is 37 and it's the first time we've actively tried to conceive. I did get pregnant when I was 31 with my ex partner, but had a miscarriage.

PingusMistress Sat 28-Jan-17 18:56:13

Hi Catra
First cycle I used this I had high for 18 days from the first test on cycle day (CD)6 and no peak. Next cycle was fine (3 highs then 2 peaks) but it told me to start testing a lot later, maybe CD10, and I got my peaks on days 15-16. It takes a while to learn your cycle so I'd give it another cycle or two and see what happens. Good luck!

TurquoiseDress Sat 28-Jan-17 19:05:29

Hi Catra

I've literally today started using the same monitor so I cant share much experience, sorry.

But my question is- how do you distinguish between oestrogen & LH levels?
I thought the results are either- negative, high fertility or peak fertility?

Thank you

Catra Sat 28-Jan-17 19:38:37

Hi Turquoise,

I think when the monitor detects the Lutensing Hormone (ie: LH surge) this shows as peak fertility because this surge triggers ovulation.

So in my circumstances, I've shown high fertility for 14 days so far, but with no peak, even though the high and the peak combined usually around 6 days.

Best of luck to you x

Catra Sat 28-Jan-17 19:39:55

And high oestrogen = high fertility. Or it could suggest that you have hormonal issues if it's high for as long as mine, which is what I'm worried about.

TurquoiseDress Sat 28-Jan-17 19:47:58

Hi Catra

Thanks for that- does make sense.

Good luck to you too.

I am also 38 years old- will be 39 this summer sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now