Talk

Advanced search

Should I know this?!

(8 Posts)
2plus1plusL1 Sat 28-Jan-17 10:28:31

So what comes first EWCM or positive ovulation tests? Got EWCM (started yesterday) but ovulation sticks are definitely negative. Have I missed the boat or should I expect positive ovulation sticks in next couple of days?

Fourbyfour Sat 28-Jan-17 10:29:16

I've no idea but I'm interested in the answer.

NotWithoutMyMerkin Sat 28-Jan-17 10:40:36

Ewcm can appear throughout your cycle so for some people it's not a reliable indicator to pinpoint ovulation. I'd start using your opks morning and night for the next few days to ensure you don't miss your surge. An ppl can go from negative to positive within the space of a few hours - some people's surge is pretty short.

physicskate Sat 28-Jan-17 18:21:29

EWCM two days before positive opk for me this month! Varies...

SpunBodgeSquarepants Sat 28-Jan-17 22:33:21

For me, most definitely EWCM first - I get around eight days of it with OPK not turning positive till the 7th day usually!

haveacupoftea Sun 29-Jan-17 09:19:45

Get on it when you see ewcm. Im pregnant and my cycle was 31-33 days. The cycle i got preg went like this:

Monday cd 13 didnt test, ewcm, dtd
Tuesday cd 14 didnt test, ewcm, dtd
Wednesday cd 15 negative opk
Thursday cd 16 negative opk
Friday cd 17 v v positive opk
Saturday cd 18 v v positive opk, ewcm, dtd
Sunday cd 19 v v positive opk, ewcm
Monday cd 20, Ovia predicted ov day

So i turn up to the dating scan at 11+6 explaining how i'll likely be measuring about a week behind as long cycles and late ov etc. Hop onto the couch and baby measures at...11+6!

20 week scan I was measuring at 21+2 so i def think it was the Monday/Tuesday I conceived.

My point being when you see any ewcm go at it, even if you think its too early. Trust your body more than the OPKs smile

haveacupoftea Sun 29-Jan-17 09:21:35

Sorry just realised I should add my 20 week scan was at 20+6

2plus1plusL1 Tue 31-Jan-17 15:06:53

Thanks havea unfort my DH was away when I first got EWCM so i may have missed the wondow. I got a smiley face on Saturday evening and then DTD 3 times on Sunday. No smiley on Sunday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now