Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tips for ttc

(13 Posts)
QueenGiggles Fri 27-Jan-17 13:19:02

I know the best thing is sex on fertile days etc but hearing diff tips from diff people has got me wondering, what's your best tip?

I've always fell really easily so never actually been "trying" before but after MC in October we're trying and want to give myself the best chance

TheChosen1 Fri 27-Jan-17 13:26:19

There's an app called My Calendar that's just useful for tracking your cycle. Lay on your back with a cushion under your bum after sex

QueenGiggles Fri 27-Jan-17 13:55:03

I'm using the ovia app which I'm guessing will be similar idea smile I've been doing good the pillow under bum smile

Tbh I'm just curious as you hear so many different things and wondered what worked for peoplesmile

EssentialHummus Fri 27-Jan-17 14:06:04

I used the Clearblue dual line test and we conceived in month one. Highly recommended.

QueenGiggles Fri 27-Jan-17 14:31:40

A few people have recommended CB, I'm already on my fertile time this month but if I'm not lucky this month will give them a try next month smile

TurquoiseDress Fri 27-Jan-17 16:23:18

Hi Queen

I'm in a similar situation to you- had a MMC last summer and it's been over 6 months now TTC.

Previous 2 pregnancies just happened without much planning/thinking/having sex more than once!

so since the MMC, we have been TTC and it all feels really frustrating.

A week or so after the MMC, I ordered some ovulation sticks off the internet and also signed up to the Ovia app.
Then a couple of months later started doing my temperature first thing in morning (BBT) but I only did that for 2 months, each time I could see a temperature rise so it was reassuring.

Essential up till now I've been using the cheap ovulation sticks but the other day I cracked and have now ordered the Clearable dual hormone indicator ovulation test!

Christmas was a difficult time as I'd gone past my original due date and still wasn't pregnant. I decided to just delete the Ovia app completely as I wondered if that was somehow putting pressure on myself or just jinxing the whole thing!

Fingers crossed for us this month!

QueenGiggles Fri 27-Jan-17 16:45:13

Defo fingers crossed this month turquoise smile

Took me nearly 13 weeks to even get a period so this is 1st month trying and using ovia more to track period and keep track of ovulation test results and when we're DTD!!

With both my kids it's been unplanned and with the last MC (which was my 3rd) we had agreed to come off my pill and see how things went and I was preg within weeks! This time it's not as easy but trying not to worry/obsess over it!

TurquoiseDress Fri 27-Jan-17 18:33:24

Queen
You sound like a very similar situation to me.

I have a 2 year old and the MMC last summer would have been baby no.2

Am 38 and just feel that I'm running out of time. Just the feeling that things have stood still since last summer when we found out.

Also I can't help but calculate the age difference there will be between my LO and any younger sibling.

I totally get it now that you cannot plan age gaps (or yes someone people are lucky enough to)

Also, the realisation that some friends/acquaintances who have relatively large age gaps e.g. 5 years or more, may have gone through multiple losses, IVF etc

Makes me realise how lucky (& naive) I was before the MMC

QueenGiggles Fri 27-Jan-17 19:03:42

This is no3 we're ttc, and the last MC hit me the hardest of all 3, 1st 2 were before I had kids and they hit me hard but this time it floored me so have been wanting to ttc as soon as we could, this is my 1st cycle since so hoping it happens in the next 6 months so there's not too big and age gap with my oldest (he's just turned 8)

Avengerhart85 Fri 27-Jan-17 20:24:11

I used a lubricant called preseed & Got caught the first time. It may not have helped but worth a try, I read to avoid others like durex etc when TTC

QueenGiggles Fri 27-Jan-17 20:41:15

Oh I'll look that up smile thanks

MulderitsmeX Fri 27-Jan-17 23:21:30

I use Ovia, took me 1 month on the app to get pg in november. Hoping it works this time, am currently 2 weeks post mmc and have all the symptoms of ovulation so hoping to meet aunt flo in 2 weeks.

I've used cb sticks and cheap sticks but never got a positive result, apparently they don't work foe everyone, I'll give them another go but not too hopeful they will work.

Too lazy for the temp thing unfortunately....

QueenGiggles Sat 28-Jan-17 17:56:28

Well according to ovia app I should be ovulating today/tomor and opk's are negative but will stick with them for another few days in case I'm ovulating late!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now