Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Possible to have ovulated without having a postive using OPK ?

(12 Posts)
Wheelybug Sun 25-Feb-07 18:30:07

Have been using Clearblue digital OPK for a couple of months but this month didn't get a positive. I tested from day 12 to 21 and I have never ov'd before day 24 to my knowledge. At about the right time I did ahve increased CM (although not sure it was enough ?!) but no ovulation pain which I usually get (although some months I don't !).

Anyone know if I could have ovulated and it not been picked up by the test (desperate hopeful emoticon)

thanks.

jolau Sun 25-Feb-07 19:00:07

could have ov as these tests are not 100% , but even very fertile women do not necessarily ov every month, DO not Worry

Ready Sun 25-Feb-07 19:10:03

Sorry, I may be completely dense here, but if you've never OVd before day 24 before then stopping on CD21 could mean you missed the hormone??

kittywaitsfornumber6 Sun 25-Feb-07 20:05:10

I am currently 37 weeks preg. I used an opk to help conceive. I tested everyday from day 7. I never got a positive result!!!!!
At one ppoint at around day 17 I got a faint second line for a couple of days, then it went away. OBVIOUSLY I ovulated. So the answer to your question is YES!!

IamnotStressed Sun 25-Feb-07 21:10:37

Why did you stop at day 21? I am also doing the sticks at the moment, nooo fun. I am on day 15 now of a 23/24 day cycle, I was sure I ovulated a lot earlier, will keep till day 20 and then assume that the sticks didn't work. They are very expensive, that's what really annoys me. We managed to have sex on day 12 though the sticks had not detected a surge, but there seemed to be an increased CM. The solution to all this would be to have sex every other day for a a few weeks, not possible for us.

Wheelybug Sun 25-Feb-07 22:01:52

HI thanks for all your responses. The 24 was a typo = sorry . I meant 14 !! hopefully that makes things clearer !!

The tests did pick it up last month though...hmmmmmmmm....

I m/c in July and have been trying ever since hence why a bit sad/desperate/clutching at straws etc

Iamnotstressed - I know what you mean. What annoys me even more (if I didn't ov) is that we actually managed to bd every day for a week despite dh not often getting home from work till 10 (having left at 7) So I feel we did try !!

Ready Mon 26-Feb-07 12:18:44

14 not 24 - all is clear now

I've heard plenty of people say that OPKs are notoriously inconsistent. I'd say, try not to worry too much (easier said I know!) - is it possible you got a duff batch?? Not sure that is a possibility.

The other option is that your cycle was annovulatory, which is nothing to worry about when it is a one off. The CM suggests that you did ovulate though. the lack of pain could have been the egg being released from the other ovary? Perhaps??

I can't really give you a definitive answer, but so long as you had plenty of sex at the time you noticed your CM I think you did all you could

Wheelybug Mon 26-Feb-07 12:42:50

Thanks Ready - I guess I'm just going to have to sit tight and see what happens (sigh... again....).

laksa Mon 26-Feb-07 13:32:44

hi wheelybug, it is possible that you had a surge between the times you tested. It is possible that it only lasts 12 hours therefore if you test everyday (24 hour period) at a particular time say 12pm then you could get a positive later on in the day which might go before the next time you test. Hope that was clear

xx

Impatience Mon 26-Feb-07 18:49:54

I got my first positive LH line in months last week because I tested 3 times a day. On Thursday I was negative at 10am and 4pm and positive at 10pm. By the next morning it was negative again. So I think it's definately possible you missed it.

Wheelybug Mon 26-Feb-07 20:59:51

thanks ! That is possible - the OPKs though say to take them at about the same time each day which is a bit annoying if its the case you could miss it (am not doubting what you say btw just how silly it is to say that).

thanks again ! I feel some blind optimism peeping through the dark cloud .

kittywaitsfornumber6 Tue 27-Feb-07 07:15:34

Wheelybug you should. As I said i didn't dectect a surge and I'm about to have another baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now