Talk

Advanced search

whats the best pregnancy test to buy when testing early?

(18 Posts)
dkilgore89 Fri 27-Jan-17 11:43:40

hi any of you ladies recommend what test is most sensitive to take 2/3 days before a period? x

ShowOfHands Fri 27-Jan-17 11:45:39

Have a look at how much hcg they can detect. A poundshop test is as sensitive and reliable as an expensive test, in fact more sensitive than a digital test for example.

Pink line tests are easier to read than blue line tests and I'd avoid the +/- tests but other than that, it doesn't really matter. Mostly, you're paying for packaging.

dkilgore89 Fri 27-Jan-17 12:02:06

thankyou very much. i had a pink evap line with the first response and iv had a negative with the cheap ones. not looking good just wanted to try sumthing else x

ShowOfHands Fri 27-Jan-17 12:03:36

The problem with early testing is that sometimes you just won't get the clear answer you want. The best thing to do, hard as it is, is to wait at least two days and then test again.

Avengerhart85 Fri 27-Jan-17 12:43:33

Superdrug ones are good

TheTartOfAsgard Sat 28-Jan-17 07:48:01

I got my bfp 3 days before af was due on a pound shop test. They're the same ones the doctor uses.

CharllGracex Sat 28-Jan-17 11:16:18

im awaiting my hopeful BFP. i always find first response are the best ones as they're pink and can detect as early as 6 days. but read the instructions as it tells you what the chances are of getting a positive if testing early. cheap ones i always find are mind-gamble because if its negative you instantly think 'is it because its a cheap test'. im 8DPO and 4 days until my periods due so im unsure whether to test or wait.

first responses are on offer at the moment in asda smile

MsJuniper Sat 28-Jan-17 11:18:10

First Response is good. Sure it was an evap line?

dkilgore89 Sat 28-Jan-17 12:13:06

i think so i took both and they done the same thing after the time limit il attach a pic. i also took a cheap one today and that looks negative il attach a pic of that too. bit disappointed but periods due tomorrow or monday so maybe still time??

dkilgore89 Sat 28-Jan-17 12:15:42

thats a pic of the first response. i cracked it open to get a better pic

CharllGracex Sat 28-Jan-17 12:31:51

oh i can see what you mean now... they look like evaps because its noticable at the top and bottom of strip but disappears in the middle. dont lose hope yet! xx

dkilgore89 Sat 28-Jan-17 12:42:01

il try again tomorrow morning. thankyou xx

CharllGracex Sat 28-Jan-17 13:55:36

no worries! smile
hope you get your positive.
i just took one 4 days to go before my AF but neg :'( cried. i knew it was a bad idea.

dkilgore89 Sat 28-Jan-17 21:29:36

when are you due to test again? aww i know we just drive ourselves crazy. on the 1st jan i started to get brown discharge midday like the start of a period bt didnt bleed properly til the 2nd so i dnt no of im due my period tmoro or monday but hopefully not get it at all. iv no changes to my breasts whereas nearly most people do xx

CharllGracex Sun 29-Jan-17 11:08:57

dkilgore89 - my periods due 2nd so thursday and it seems ages away. but im one of these impulse testers! so thursday if i havent come on by saturday i think irl retest then because thats 2 whole days effectively isn't it so. otherwise im wasting tests! well i was out with the bestie having a drink last night and i put a panty liner on cos i worry sometimes irl leak as i teared 3rd degree with my first child. and i went to the toilet and noticed brown but thought i suppose it could be wee but then i thought but wee even dried wee doesnt go brown does it so unsure myself about that. but if it is implantation bleeding then would make sense as to why i didnt get a positive yesterday. 8DPO so it could be possible that it is because they say between 6-12 days anyway dont they.

im just so sure this time because ive had all the symptoms. couple of days after TTC i had very mild cramping on and off thought nothing of it, then 4DPO i had that creamy white/yellow tinted (in the light) discharge which just took me by surprise as it looked like snot and id never had that before. then sins then ive been feeling sick on and off and i know its not a bug because it isnt a constant sickness its like irl be hungry and fine one minute then all of sudden id be feeling sick outof nowhere. ive had more cramping, abit of backache, tiredness i cant believe how tired ive been lately i never want to nap normally cos im not one to nap but the last few days ive felt like i could quite easily get into bed and sleep. we did it all the right times - 4 day before ovulation and then the night before. and once 2 days before fertile week because we tried to make sure there was no 'dead' sperm as they say floating about if its been a while so if im not this month i will be really shocked.

have you come on yet? xx

CharllGracex Sun 29-Jan-17 11:10:57

i forgot to say if i waited till Saturday aswell it will be 15 DPO so if i am it will deffo show up by then. and if neg theb i know for sure periods gonna come xx

MulderitsmeX Sun 29-Jan-17 18:17:47

First response is great, I got a strong positive 6 days before my period last time.

dkilgore89 Mon 30-Jan-17 08:44:51

fingers are crossed for you xx stil no period here and a negative test yesterday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now