Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant after miscarriage?

(9 Posts)
Candycoatedwaterdrops30 Thu 26-Jan-17 17:12:28

Sorry in advance for the ramble/long post but I was wondering if anyone has any experience or insight they could share?

I had a miscarriage at just over 5 weeks on 27th Dec. Bled for a few days but not too long. Had scan and bloods on 3rd jan which confirmed it and my hcg was already down to 2. My usual cycle is 28 days and regular.

Either way, my husband and I started dtd again as soon as bleeding stopped. We've not been actively trying but not using protection or abstaining either.

For a few days now I've been having pregnancy symptoms so took a 20mU sensitivity test this morning and got a bfp (faint but def there). I'm now freaking out in case I've tested too early and it's just a chemical pregnancy. If I bleed/get my period I'll feel like it's a miscarriage now that I've had a positive result and I don't think I could take it. I know that there's nothing I can do but any kind of reassurance or words of wisdom would be gratefully received. Thank you! x

LittleFox10 Thu 26-Jan-17 18:38:49

Hi Candy,

I didn't want to read and run. I have no answer, but I'd say just test again in a few days and see what happens. Don't work yourself up over it, although I know it's hard. But fingers crossed you get the result you want. I too had a miscarriage in December, AF hasn't arrived and I don't want to take a test just in case!

Keep me updated xx

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Thu 26-Jan-17 18:46:39

Hi Candy sorry for your miscarriage thanks

From when I'd had mine the early of unit tested my hcg levels and it took three weeks for my test to be negative. Iirc they said two/three weeks was normal to be still testing as pg.

Candycoatedwaterdrops30 Thu 26-Jan-17 19:33:22

Thanks littlefox (sorry don't know how to tag?). Will do. All the best for you too! I just wish it was easier to understand my own body!

Thatwouldbean... My bloods were taken at the time and were 2 which is normal for non pregnant levels so i assume if id tested then it wouldv been negative. What were yours if you don't mind me asking? x

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Thu 26-Jan-17 20:22:17

Re: my levels, it was 2 years ago now and can barely remember what I did last week - sorry. I'll be honest I just turned up, had the tests and it was a bit of a blur for obvious reasons and just wanted the 'all clear' to move on.

My Dsis was pg again after hers without a period in between and had a thankfully, uneventful successful pregnancy. It's hard not to worry. Have my fingers crossed for you thanks

Candycoatedwaterdrops30 Thu 26-Jan-17 20:54:29

No worries. Thank you. Yes, I think worrying is normal. I'll just have to be patient and wait and see. This would be out first baby so it's all so new anyway. Now I understand why they recommend waiting for a period after a mc but tbh I didn't expect to conceive again so quickly! Thank you for the kind thoughts smile

Candycoatedwaterdrops30 Fri 27-Jan-17 18:11:27

Also, does anyone know how they date a pg straight away after a mc with no period in between? x

MoonlightMojitos Fri 27-Jan-17 20:08:09

They won't be able to accurately date it which is why they ask you wait for a cycle in between. I just wanted to say congratulations and good and hope all goes well. I had a mc in July and a bfp again in September and am now 22 weeks. It won't stop you worrying but there is no reason that this one will go the same way. Good luck!

Candycoatedwaterdrops30 Mon 30-Jan-17 18:15:40

Following on from previous posts, I've been worrying a fair bit lately but trying to be positive. Thought I'd phone my GP for advice- well that was a mistake! Spoke to some locum who didn't seem to be very helpful or sympathetic. All he could offer me is that apparently I may be at slightly higher risk for having another mc as I didn't wait until having a period to try again. He just said that all I can do is be positive and keep taking folic acid etc. Does anyone know if this is true about being at higher risk?? I've not read anything like that anywhere else and now I'm panicking. He said that my body may not have completely healed? I assumed that as the mc was confirmed as complete, hcg back to normal etc that my body wouldn't have ovulated again if it wasn't ready or am I being naive? Does anyone have any positive stories where similar has happened to them? I know that ultimately there's not a lot I can do but I would appreciate some kind of reassurance. Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now