Talk

Advanced search

anyone else ttc through self-insemination with partners sperm?

(11 Posts)
lisara79 Thu 26-Jan-17 00:59:55

Hello.... I'm new to this and this is only cycle 1. My parter has some health problems that result in him taking medication that result in it being very difficult for him to maintain an election (sorry for tmi). In order to maximise conceptiin opportunities, we have decided to try the "turkey baster" method (using a medicine syringe). I've read lots of advice and we had a go this month but think we will try to take all opportunities next month.... I am now 7 dpo and doing the usual obsessive symptom spotting. I am also trying to loose some weight because my bmi is way too high. I am 37 and my partner 47.... old I know. I know are chances are limited by age and weight but any good news our there? I feel I need reassurance.

lisara79 Thu 26-Jan-17 01:01:43

oops... lots of typos... erection not election... our not are... oh dear.

passmethewine123 Thu 26-Jan-17 08:41:49

Hi, yes I am in the same boat although different medical reasons why. This is our second month trying, it has been a steep learning curve so far!

lisara79 Thu 26-Jan-17 22:47:18

Thanks so much for replying passmethewine123... it felt like I was the only one and, stupidly, I feel embarrassed to talk about it with anyone in the real world. I found the first go a bit trying! took me ages to get the right position so I could be comfortable and I had to send partner away, felt like I needed to ba alone. Why did you decide to do it this way and both use doctors etc.? We can't have it done on the NHS because my partner has a teenage son.

lisara79 Thu 26-Jan-17 22:48:41

another typo disaster zone above (sigh)... not use doctors not both use doctors

passmethewine123 Fri 27-Jan-17 07:23:16

I've sent you a private message smile

MaybeDoctor Fri 27-Jan-17 07:33:59

I haven't done this but just wanted to add general encouragement, as there are a few MNers who have done so with success. Search for threads and something may come up.

Also read up on things you can do to promote conception eg. increasing cervical mucus.

Honestly, given that IUI involves a pretty similar process, it is not as 'out there' as it seems.

Good luck.

lisara79 Fri 27-Jan-17 11:32:16

Thanks Maybedoctor... I will do x

TTChomeinsemination Sat 11-Feb-17 10:00:45

I'm in the same boat. (first ever post on Mumsnet!) My DH has ED and can masterbate but not orgasm during sex so we're trying home insemination in hope of starting family.
We had our first go yesterday - him by himself into glass jar (dry as apparently water damages sperm), he then held jar in armpit for ten mins for sperm to liquify then handed over to me. I sucked it up in to child's medicine syringe and inserted. It went fairly well for a first time but i think i need to work out how to position myself more 'upside down' so that it definitly goes in the correct direction. LOL! Any tips on anything else we should be doing, or where I should be aiming with the syringe etc much appreciated!

EMHW123 Sat 11-Feb-17 10:05:23

I use a period soft cup and keep it inside me for a few hours.

My partner doesn't have an issue but I feel a lot is wasted blush

Good luck

Hcmp1980 Sun 12-Feb-17 21:03:22

I've literally just posted saying I'm doing this and wondering if others are too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now