Talk

Advanced search

Chemical pregnancy and next cycle

(8 Posts)
user1485373092 Wed 25-Jan-17 19:55:47

Hi, really new to this, been ttc for 8 months, last cycle I had a very slight pink discharge on Christmas Day and again Boxing Day, only visible when I wiped, period was 6 days late(due the 1st Jan) so I tested, got a very faint positive, was over the moon, but the next day af showed 😢, anyway not sure when I was next due, but I again had a small pink discharge yesterday (24th Jan) is this to early, trying not to get my hopes up to much ... xx

Summerdays2014 Thu 26-Jan-17 19:09:36

Sorry this has happened to you. I had a chemical and then got pregnant the very next cycle. Just counted day one of the chemical bleeding as day one of my cycle. My son is now one. Good luck.

minime2016 Fri 27-Jan-17 05:04:12

Hi user, I had the very same scenario over Christmas. Af due Christmas Day, tested with faint positive on 30th Dec, and again in 31st. Tested again with fainter positive on 1st Jan only for af to show later in the morning. It was like a regular period and i went on to ov at my expected time (counting 1st Jan as CD1) Im currently in the tww with af due between yesterday and sunday. Hope that helps x

gazingatthestars Fri 27-Jan-17 05:19:40

I also got pregnant cycle after a chemical pregnancy

minime2016 Fri 27-Jan-17 07:19:12

Sorry to jump in on the op but gazing and summers, did you feel the same way next cycle,symptom wise. Plus, did you test earlier / later etc? I've got a bfn this morning at 13 dpo but didn't test positive til I was 4/5 days late with chemical. Sorry for hijacking thread

gazingatthestars Fri 27-Jan-17 08:06:00

Tested and felt the same but got a stronger positive that got stronger quicker (whereas chemical always stayed faint). With my now dd2 who is sitting on my knee I took 15 (yes really) first response tests (obs morning and eve) and charted the line getting darker as I was so paranoid about loosing a pregnancy again.
I think late implantation is a risk for chemical pregnancy - there is a chart online which tells you the risk of losing your baby on which day it implants (and you then see positive test about 2 days after implantation). At 13dpo you are still within the normal limits so have a chance. I'd keep testing over next few days if it was me.

minime2016 Fri 27-Jan-17 18:38:47

Thanks gazing. I'm all at odds today-been feeling quite like af is about to arrive but have the symptoms I had last month, maybe not as obvious this time but last month i was off on holidays and had more time to fixate on them IYSWIM. time will tell!

gazingatthestars Fri 27-Jan-17 19:05:54

Fingers crossed for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now