Opk results v DTD timing(15 Posts)
I've been using opk's and got LH surge at 12pm on Saturday 21st which was CD16. We dtd on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (twice), Saturday night and Sunday night.
I can't figure out if we should have DTD on Sunday morning to hit the jackpot?!
How long does it take to ovulate after LH surge? I'm assuming average is 24-48 hours?
Yes I'm in the 2ww and losing my mind so tell me to stop obsessing and we did our best, please?!
These are Internet cheapies but I used the CBFM years ago and my peak was CD16-17 using that.
Roll on 2nd Feb test day!
I think that amount should be fine! We're cycle buddies, I'm due to test 2nd Feb. I'm already losing the will to live.
Don't forget that if you dtd too often the sperm doesn't get chance to regenerate properly
Sounds great! Apparently the best day to DTD is actually two days before ovulation so all the sperm are lined up and ready to go. So if you got your peak at midday on Sat then you could (by average) say you ovulated at same time on Sunday so then your double DTD on Friday would have been great timing. I think the chances of conceiving on the day of ovulation are significantly less than the days prior to it so think you've got it covered.
Fingers crossed and good luck.
Thanks, I hope we covered it, but just a waiting game now!
MrsCharlieD do you mind me asking how long you have been TTC? When will you test?
Hi Curling we've been ttc since June but this will be dc2 for us, we already have ds who is 3 in june. Ds took 4 years to conceive but I wasn't doing opk's etc during that time. We used cb opk's this time so fingers crossed to both of us!
Sorry curling I don't know how to tag you in that post!
It's the first month I've used the opk's in a long time TTC almost 8 years, but had mc early November 2016. Completely out of the blue, unexplained infertility, but it actually finally happened!
Took some time to get over the mc, as you can imagine we were devastated, but as I'm 43, decided to give it a good go this month, or I'd never forgive myself.
My cycles have always been regular but very light until about year ago when they suddenly became painful and heavy. It's the only thing that's changed so I'm hopeful, there is still a small chance. I will probably test on 1st February, no sooner.
Good luck to you!
Hello curling, I'm a refugee from the TTC after mc thread so hello again if I've seen you before and apologies for THIS hijack -
On the clearblue today I got a flashing smiley.
I know peak fertility is when the smiley is static.
1. What's the typical length of time between LH surge and ovulation?
2. If you were me would you DTD tonight or hold off for 48hrs anticipating Peak fertility?
3. I know that when you get the static smiley peak fertility has been reached and that's it for the month. How many days should you DTD for then after you get the static smiley?
As you were guys, all help welcomed xx
I've been googling for 2 days trying to figure it out.
If I were you, I dtd tonight. Sperm can live for up to 5 days, so better that there's some there waiting.
Sorry I'm not very helpful, maybe someone else can help?
curling I think your timing looks great, nothing to do now but wait! (Easier said than done I know).
legend I'll have a go at answering your questions having googled extensively on similar things a few months ago.
1) usually 24-48 hours, but can be less than 12 hours as you get older so might o on same day as positive opk (I often do).
2) No! Definitely dtd tonight, O-2 has best odds of conception so don't wait for peak. If you've not used it before some people get lots of days of high, some might only get 1 or none and then go straight to peak. Unless you know you're one of the people who get lots of days I'd get on with it. My last bfp cycle (sadly tmfr at 16 weeks) I only got peak the day after +ve opk and temping would suggest I o'd day of opk so I suspect would have too late if waited for peak. I think suggested at least every other day whilst getting high and then day of peak would cover you.
3) I think depends. If you're not sure maybe 1-2 days after static but if you have short surge it's probably all over by that point.
pukekos I've only just seen your response. Thank you for being so lovely to send such extensive advice!
I've been banging DH silly since Sat so fx I've caught the bus! X
Hi, do you mind if I hijack and ask a question as seems to be lots of knowledgable people on here. I'm trying to work out when I ovulated. I don't temp as work shifts so been using OPK. I got a surge on cd21 in the early evening and on cd 23 it had gone faint again and by the evening on CD23 I had sore boobs and sensitive nipples. I think it's the progesterone rise that gives these breast symptoms and am I right in thinking progesterone only starts to rise after ovulation, therefore have I then ovulated some time between cd 21 and cd23 am? Any opinions would be great, obs doesn't matter that much for this cycle but just for future cycles and BF timing as DH works away so timing is tricky!
Hello lovechild, just a quick one - I used Clearblue to test my ovulation and it showed nothing, then the flashing smiley then the static smiley (that shows peak fertility).
My cheapie OPK showed nowt. Just a faint line and I got the same faint line when my clearblue showed no LH surge/ovulation at all.
Whilst I can't answer your question I'd encourage you to shell out for a clearblue x
Hi lovechild that's pretty much what happened with me, but I couldn't work out when as all the information is examples of between 12-48 hours after the LH surge.
I did feel the progesterone kick in though. Heavy sore boobs almost the day afterwards.
Join the discussion
Please login first.