Talk

Advanced search

TTC after ectopic

(20 Posts)
Flashinthepan Wed 25-Jan-17 12:27:17

Hello!

I know there have been a couple of threads on this in the past but all are old.

So I had an ectopic last May, and surgery to remove right tube. DH and I have now decided to try again, would be great to chat to anyone else in the same boat as it's such a scary time.

Flashinthepan Thu 26-Jan-17 11:55:07

I know it's relatively rare so not expecting huge numbers but is anyone out there trying after an EP?

Tiquelove Fri 27-Jan-17 04:47:27

Im trying to gather the strength to try again ! My ectopic was in Oct.2016 , it's been 3 months and I'm just so scared

Flashinthepan Fri 27-Jan-17 08:12:22

Hi tique. I know the feeling. It's very scary. I waited until I thought I didn't feel too scared and now as soon as we've started trying I'm terrified! Was it your first pregnancy?

Tiquelove Fri 27-Jan-17 17:55:45

I can only imagine the thoughts that can be going through your head. Trust me that's the only thing keeping me from trying 😔 And yes it was my very first pregnancy, which makes me even more nervous that something is wrong with me. That makes me wonder why ? If it's so rare why me ? But I try and push those thoughts away . Was it your first as well ? I know when we found out my fiance was crushed. Part of me is afraid to try again because I know how hard he took it.

Flashinthepan Fri 27-Jan-17 18:04:35

It was my first. And it does seem so unfair as I had no reason they could find for why it happened. I think it can help to wait until you feel you can cope with the fear but I'm not sure the fear goes until you have a baby that lands in the right place.

Heatherbell1978 Fri 27-Jan-17 18:10:42

Not something I've experienced but a friend had an ectopic pregnancy a few years ago and a tube removed. 5 months ago she had her second baby and her first arrived not too long after the operation. Good luck!

InTheDessert Fri 27-Jan-17 18:18:14

Hey, sorry to hear about your ectopic. Have you found the ladies at the ectopic pregnancy trust. You may well find more people in your situation over in their chat boards.
It was over 8 years ago now, but my first pregnancy was ectopic, and I had one tube removed. The 2ww when I got a positive pregnancy test was horrific, but bean was in the right place, and in now 7. There is hope. Wishing you luck, and a stress free route to a baby flowers

Annie1290 Fri 27-Jan-17 23:42:40

Hi ladies, I had an ectopic in June 2014. It wasn't planned but we were pleased. Didn't have to have tubes taken, naturally came away.

Now married and house bought and we are properly trying. Very impatient after coming off pill at the beginning of Jan, and had no bleeding as I normally would after coming off pill etc, (have had few breaks from it before and normally get bleeding straight away) but also don't feel pregnant. Just waiting nervously to see what happens!

Flashinthepan Mon 30-Jan-17 09:49:56

Hi Annie. Keeping fingers crossed that it goes smoothly for you. I'm due AF on Wednesday but having some symptoms (not sure if I'm imagining them or not) so might test with a FRER tomorrow morning. Should try and hold out until Thursday but probably won't!

Tiquelove Fri 03-Feb-17 19:48:48

Flashinthepan sorry I didn't respond ,my home has been crazy with our recent news ! I hope you got your bfp ❤️. I am ready to ttc now, my fiancé isn't . So together we wait for him to be ready , which I hope is soon. @Annie1290 I pray you get your rainbow baby too . I know when my friend got off the pill she didn't know she got pregnant soon , but she didn't think much of it because she has irregular periods .

Oysterbabe Fri 03-Feb-17 20:58:00

No personal experience but my mum had one for her first pregnancy, tube removed, and went on to have 4 kids. My sister had one for her first pregnancy, tube removed, and went on to have 2 kids.
Best of luck to you all flowers

sarahmags Fri 03-Feb-17 21:48:15

Hi Ladies,

I had surgery for an ectopic in December 2016, also had an early miscarriage in May 2016. We're now not really trying, but not preventing. I haven't been using the apps I used before to track my cycle, just staying vaguely aware of when AF is due. We are trying for a 3rd child (1 DD, 1 DSS), I got pregnant in the first month with my DD so this experience has been a bit of a shock.

Good luck to those in the tww

Annie1290 Fri 03-Feb-17 22:47:19

I am still waiting for AF confused don't know if I should test, or continue waiting? When is sensible to test, after coming off pill 7/8th Jan? Going on hols on Tues, so guess I need to test before then?

Talk me in or out of it girls!

sarahmags Sat 04-Feb-17 06:27:25

Annie I think I'd test this weekend, you're 4 weeks from coming off pill. How long was your cycle previously?

I'm also waiting for AF, day 29 today, usually 29/30 day cycle, don't think we've "tried" enough this month to get a BFP. I'm also travelling, but leave tomorrow so will probably test tomorrow if AF hasn't shown up (although not sure cycle is back to normal after surgery as haven't had usual AF symptoms, last month bang on 29 days).

Scary, confusing times

Annie1290 Sat 04-Feb-17 07:30:48

Used to be very regular 28 days. Might try and hold out til Monday. Don't feel like I am, but who knows.

sarahmags Sat 04-Feb-17 07:59:05

Annie that sounds like a plan and will spare yourself the heartbreak of a negative test if AF shows up in the meantime.

For me, AF has just arrived, boo

Annie1290 Mon 06-Feb-17 20:07:32

Jumped out of bed this morning to test only to find out AF had arrived. Sod's law. Really had forgotten the back ache it gives me, so tomorrow on a plane for 10 hours should be fun sad
Onto next month!
Think a little part of me thought we'd catch straight away after managing to conceive the ectopic whilst on the pill.

Flashinthepan Mon 06-Feb-17 20:41:56

Sorry to hear that Annie. Yes I had convinced myself I wpuld get a bfp straight away this time as I fell pregnant with my ectopic first.month of trying. In some ways I think it has probably been a good thing for that not to happen as it gives me more of a chance to get my hwad around things.

meadowlark3 Tue 16-May-17 21:08:49

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, just curious how you ladies are doing now? @Flashinthepan, @Annei1920, @sarahmags, @Tiquelove, any joy for you lot?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now