Talk

Advanced search

Clearblue Fertility Monitor

(14 Posts)
BonsGirl Wed 25-Jan-17 05:56:23

Hi all!

I'm 38 (DP is 39) and we're ttc with our first child, DP has one child from a previous relationship.

Have bought the Clearblue Fertility Monitor as I think we need all the help we can get, I was on the implant for 6 years, injection before that and pill before that so have no idea how long my cycles are (and they're all over the place at the moment anyway!)

I started testing when it told me to, first day was low and I'm now on my 5th high day... is this normal? Will I get any peak days?

Has anyone else used one? If so, what were your experiences with it?

loveacupoftea18 Wed 25-Jan-17 11:52:14

Hi BonsGirl

I'm wondering exactly the same! This is our first time TTC and I'm on my 5th flashing smiley day. My cycles are fairly set and other things would lead me to believe I should have had a solid smiley.

Really confused and from what I've read these monitors are, annoyingly, a bit temperamental!

YokoUhOh Wed 25-Jan-17 11:57:55

I think (from memory) that high days but no peak is common the first month you use it. It should regulate itself when it knows your cycle better I.e. next month.

loveacupoftea18 Wed 25-Jan-17 12:13:48

Oh thanks! That's so helpful. Makes sense I suppose.

BonsGirl Wed 25-Jan-17 14:20:10

Yeah I've read so many places about people falling pregnant within their first month of use... surely that's just coincidence?! I can't expect the monitor to know my cycle when I don't ha ha ha!

ArchiesMamaBird Wed 25-Jan-17 15:27:10

I've used the Clearblue FM for the last 2 months, and both times I had 10 days of flashing smiley/high fertility before I got my static Peak fertility.

And yes apparently the more that you use it, the more accurate your readings become.

HeyJupiter Wed 25-Jan-17 20:38:43

I've used it for a couple of months (came off pill years ago so no allowances for that) and the first month had textbook two flashing days before my peak. Last month I had five flashing days and only 'caught' my LH surge by testing twice a day for the final couple before getting my peak. I don't think I would have got my static face if I'd stuck with just first morning urine. It gets more accurate the more you use it I've heard. Good luck smile

HeyJupiter Wed 25-Jan-17 20:49:42

Oh sorry have just realised you have the monitor rather than the digital sticks. I assume they all work similarly though!

PingusMistress Wed 25-Jan-17 23:06:51

Hi bonsgirl, i don't think this is unusual as it takes time to "learn" your cycle. I used the monitor when TTC #1 aged 36 and got high for 18 days and no peak the first cycle I used it. Next cycle I got 3 days of high then 2 peaks and fell pg. Just started using it again for TTC #2. Hope it works for you too!

BonsGirl Thu 26-Jan-17 00:52:00

Hope it works too!

Just nipped to the toilet and I've had a small bleed... surely not my period again already???

BluePheasant Thu 26-Jan-17 00:54:03

Ovulation bleed?

AndNowItsSeven Thu 26-Jan-17 00:56:34

If it's early and not a lot then hopefully implantation bleeding.

YokoUhOh Thu 26-Jan-17 06:49:00

Yep could be implantation bleed. How exciting!!

BonsGirl Thu 26-Jan-17 22:07:14

Oh you lot have got me excited now!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now